Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Weak will vs strong will

karlunity

The Moor is pushing the Izzy out of Gaza.

The army of the Jewish state has not been defeated in the field but in the mind.

LBJ said the North Vietnam would not be allowed to conquer the South, yet we saw NVA tanks take Saigon. The Americans were not defeated in the field but in the mind.

The Marines lost 240 men in Beirut. Did they go into the Bakka valley and lay waste to Syria?

No, they pulled out. The USA was not defeated in the field but in the Mind.

In Somalia, Americans were killed ...we bugged out..again defeat in the mind.

We are losing about 10 people aweek in the Mideast and already we here cries of " the USA cannot take these loses."

As a History teacher I spend a lot of time in the past and I know the numbers lost in the Civil War 600.000. In WW l it was 11,000,000.

For 400 years The West had such belief in itself that a few hundred men were able to conquer whole nations, nor is the answer to be found only better weapons, if it were the Izzys would not be pulling back.

In short the the East still believes in itself the West does not .

WHY?

Karl

but that Westerners believe Life is most precious, and easterners believe that Honor is most precious.

Jimro.

That is true now, but it was not so in the past.

Honor was held dear in the 19 century.

The Hippy thinks that the rise of secular humanism, and the decline in a belief in an afterlive has made people cling to this life.

"this is all there is" when it is gone comes the darkness" that sort of thing would make a person "peaceloving".

Karl

I don't believe all recruiters go to church, and I don't believe that belief in the after-life is in decline. Especially in the Muslim countries.

To the contrary.

We Christians believe in the after-life, do we not?

Why not do the Muslims?

They do, now more than ever.

And so do we Christians, or we would not keep pursuing this thing.

fritz