Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Need Help Again

AzRednek

I'm going forking nuts. I'm not looking for pity but illness is keeping me down and I have to keep my hands and mind busy at something besides a key board or tv.

My re-worked Turk 088 was going to be today's project but I'm completely and totally stymied on how to tear the bolt down. I know I did at least once before, likely 20 years or more but just can't clear the cob webs out and remember how to tear it down. Any tips or suggestions on tearing this bolt dowm will really be appreciated.

aaturk-1.jpg

I haven't shot this rifle in many years. I used to download 8MM and sperate it for this rifle because of it's soft action. Sure enough all my 8MM got mixed up and I just haven't got around to loading any mild 8MM in years. This rifle was rebuilt by the Turks and the magazine loads in a conventional manner not needing the clips. Best I recall this rifle was pretty accurate using mild commercial Rem or Winny factory ammo. My mild reloads were all over the target. I purchased this rifle in the 70's when surplus rifle price's were going crazy after President Carter banned the import of all Military rifles. I paid about 65 and for comparison's sake an M-1 rifle at the time was fetching about 250 ,an 03 Springfield was about 140, 03A3's were 90-100 and new in the box Mini-14's were 140-160.

aaturk-2.jpg

AATURK-4.jpg

AATURK-5.jpg

aaturk-3.jpg

"comparison's sake an M-1 rifle at the time was fetching about 250 ,an 03 Springfield was about 140, 03A3's were 90-100 and new in the box Mini-14's were 140-160. "

Gad..Oh for a time machine!!!!!

karl

In the 70's all the buyers were complaining about the high prices, comparing them to pre 1968 mail order prices.

• 3 weeks later...