Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Need Help Please

weaver77

i have been trying to figure out how to attach pic to a post but all i have been able to do is this s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd211/revaew77/?action=view&current=DCP_1694.jpg please i need a little help here it has taken me most of two hours just to get this far i think i may need drink or four ttp://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd211/revaew77/DCP_1694.jpg still trying....

i have been trying to figure out how to attach pic to a post but all i have been able to do is this s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd211/revaew77/?action=view&current=DCP_1694.jpg please i need a little help here it has taken me most of two hours just to get this far i think i may need drink or four ttp://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd211/revaew77/DCP_1694.jpg still trying....

weaver, there are 4 lines under each photo in photobucket. you want to single click in the img line, then copy (right click or menu), then paste that in your reply window....

i.e. 2enw6kw.jpg

and when you paste the copy line, make sure is in the front and back...

weaver, there are 4 lines under each photo in photobucket. you want to single click in the img line, then copy (right click or menu), then paste that in your reply window....

i.e. 2enw6kw.jpg

and when you paste the copy line, make sure is in the front and back...

ttp://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd211/revaew77/DCP_1694.jpghttp://i226.photobucket.com/al

looks like i might have got it know thanks for he pointers this is the last one i finished 7x57 on 24/47 action matt cerakote finish boyds jrs shaved and trimmed with mesquite wood forend tip i used a dakota bolt handle that i leangthend slightly recontured trigger gaurd and milled off stipper humpDCP_1693.jpgDCP_1695.jpgDCP_1694.jpg

Weaver77, beautiful stock shaping. I especially like the angle at the top of the comb nose for the flute, it's length, depth, and the blending in of the bottom edge of the flute into the wood beneath.

On my first stock, a Fajen preturned semi-inlet Classic style, I cut the top line at too steep a downward angle and ran it back too far. I then cut out the flute in a reverse teardrop shape with a definate line defining the lower line of the flute. Looked like crap.

I searched thru my small collection of Gun Digest Custom Stock pictures and found a pic of a stock taken from the rear, quartering away toward the fore end, and saw that the lower line of the flute was blended into the wood beneath it so that it formed a symetrical oval cross section from the bottom line of the stock into the depth of the flute. While still too deep and too long, it was still a great improvment. I started doing drawings of completed stocks showing cross sections, and measurments. I also began buying inexpensive used or injured stocks with particular pistol grip, cheekpiece, loading cutout, ejector box shelves, ways of blending action area into pistol grip and then into butt stock lines, forend stapes, and tips. Makes the work so much better and simpler. I'll never be a Rembrandt or Divinci, but, I'm getting better at copying great work.

I have copied your pics and added them to my collection of "Stock How To's", hope this is OK with you. Don't know how long you've been doing stocks but you've really got it right for "Contemporary Classic". Any chance of getting you to do a photo-tutorial of rough shaping to final shaping a stock? My wife watched me do my last stock and was so taken by it's lines she asked that I not have it sold in an estate sale after she kills me, but leave it to her. Best complement I ever got on a stock, and one of only two or three from a woman. Bill