Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Figured Out Pics

weaver77

DCP_1698.jpgDCP_1699.jpg

this is my truck gun its a 24/47 with the original stock modified and a mesquite wood forend tip added and slightly schnabled recontured trigger gaurd and lenghtend the original bolt handle and weld back turned down i also modified the original trigger taking out the first stage and redued trigger pull to 3#s i also move the sling mount back and after milling side down inleted one on the forearm also the only things i used that was not orignal are the low safety and recoil pad wich where left overs from other projects thanks again guys for helping get me straight on posting pics

Hi W77, Nice lookin' mod. mil stock! How'd you get the comb on the top? My m98 stock was'nt that high. It's still 8x57 I take it. . Dave

Hi W77, Nice lookin' mod. mil stock! How'd you get the comb on the top? My m98 stock was'nt that high. It's still 8x57 I take it. . Dave

i reshaped the rear tang on the action then was able to remove the "hump" of wood on the stock behind the action and trim and open the grip area up giving the stock the appearance of having a higher comb also this was is a 24/47 not sure if your stock might be a little lower to start off with i will try and post some pics of he modified tang so you get a better idea

here are the orignal tang profiles and one that i reshaped once you put it back in stock any wood above tang is removed then you can recontour the grip back and down towards the comb hope this helpsDCP_1701.jpg

The projects look great, but someone needs to clean up the work area alittle. :lol: I hate an messing work bench.

Hey, heads up. I am MOVING to Mo. from Md :rolleyes::P

spec.4

i like to call it my organized mess if i put every thing up then i cant find anything