Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Happy Birthday, Fritz

fritz

:( One more year to go before I qualify for Medicare. Then I can get the supplements (A and B) that will cost less than what private health insurance costs.

mrs fritz has two years to go before she qualifies for Medicare. If she should lose her job before then, we would only be able to survive if my well comes in (and the price of crude continues to rise).

I wonder how many others are in my category in this country, only being able to get good health care because they have (or their spouse has) a good job? A job where their employer offers health care to them at a cost far less than the unemployed (or self-employed).

Believe me, I have been there before. I know damned well what health care costs today. I don't know what the answer is, but there damned well sure needs something done to fix it.

Maybe a little baling wire is better than nothing.

Since when does "B" equal a smiley face? I guess without it would be :( Especially after you get the doctor's bill.

fritz

Thanks, fellows.

I plan on being just as salty and grumpy this year as last year. Remember the movies "Grumpy Old Men"? That's me.

As to rattlers, I killed my first one of the year the other day, ran him through the conditioner rolls of my hay cutter. Man, he flatter than a month old Coors. He was also much younger than me, he only had 4 rattles.

Shame to kill something that young, ain't it? NAHHH!

fritz

:( One more year to go before I qualify for Medicare. Then I can get the supplements (A and B) that will cost less than what private health insurance costs.

I've been fighting an uphill battle with Medicare. So far I’ve only dealt with real doofuses at the SS office. I believe many SS employees are intellegence tested and if they fail they are automatically hired. I've given them the same paperwork 3 times and they still claim they haven't got it. They also claim they didn't get any responce from any of my Dr's but 3 Dr's I checked with claim they didn't get an inquiry. I got a letter once asking for a list of my Rx's. I went and got a printout from the drug store, hand carried it to the SS office and there it sat alongside a medical report they also wanted. The file wasn't forwarded to where ever it was supposed to go untill I followed up.

mrs fritz has two years to go before she qualifies for Medicare. If she should lose her job before then, we would only be able to survive if my well comes in (and the price of crude continues to rise).

I wonder how many others are in my category in this country, only being able to get good health care because they have (or their spouse has) a good job? A job where their employer offers health care to them at a cost far less than the unemployed (or self-employed).

My son faced that dilemma being self employed. He was forced to take on a part time job recently to qualify for the co's health plan. He pushed himself physically getting his business up and running and had stress related heart rhythm problems. Since the heart trouble, even though it has been more than 3 years a private policy converted from a former employer's plan was going to go up in excess of a g a month. I'm glad he landed the job I was afraid he was thinking marriage as the remedy. I wasn't exactly pleased with her lazy gold digging donkey, glad she is out of the picture.

Believe me, I have been there before. I know damned well what health care costs today. I don't know what the answer is, but there damned well sure needs something done to fix it.

I couldn't agree more but I don't know how to fix it. I got caught with my pants down awaiting final approval on my federal disability retirement and went 3 months without any insurance. I can vividly recall one visit to the drug store costing me in excess of $500.

Maybe a little baling wire is better than nothing.

Given the choice of bailing wire or Hillary's plan, I'll take the wire. I might favor a Hillary type plan if some how it would be assured US citizenship was an absolute requirement but that will never happen. I know it is easy for me to say having health insurance as long as I'm alive and the federal treasury doesn't go belly up. I really wish there was some kind of alternative the liberal democrats wouldn't destroy buying votes with it.

Since when does "B" equal a smiley face? I guess without it would be :( Especially after you get the doctor's bill.

I just got billed the first time for a Dr bill over 4 years old. Young girl I talked with apologized, claimed they were mistakenly billing the wrong patient with the same last name. I also apologized saying my insurance will not pay stale claims over 2 years old. The call ended politely. 5 minutes later an older woman with a chip on her shoulder called back with some sort of song and dance about me still being responsible and billing the insurance was just a courtesy. It will be interesting to see where it goes. I wont pay it unless they take me to court and win. It might ding my credit but so what, I'm not planning on buying a house and I can always protest it at the credit bureau if for some strange reason I decide to buy a new car. I did offer my 15% co-pay as a start to negotiate it down but "that is not acceptable' I was told in a shrill fingernails on chalkboard type voice. I was going to offer as much as 50% but was really hoping to settle for a hundred when I first called. The bill is only $236 but after listening to the high pitched holier than thou voice they wont get jack out of me without a fight.

fritz

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!