Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Here We Go Again.

ken98k

Ken,

If it were 19 degrees here in south Texas, I wouldn't even get out of bed, much less go hunting. I did get out of bed once to take a fellow out deer hunting under similar conditions---but I stayed in the truck with the heater on, and took a siesta.

When I awoke, I spotted a nice buck down the sendero where I was parked, and shot him. My friend returned cold and empty-handed.

I'm waiting on cooler weather to work on the house. It is too damned hot here now.

fritz

• 2 weeks later...

I turned the ac off last night, turned on couple the ceiling fans, got all my screened doors and windows wide open. Cool and dry, the kind if beautiful weather Arizona likes to brag about. At the moment, 3:45 PM it feels like high 70's, low 80's. Perfect day for target shooting, bet the range and mountain backed desert spots surrounding Phoenix are crowded today. Hope it keeps up, I'll wait till Monday or Tuesday to avoid the weekend crowd and get some range time.

Unusally hot here for this time of year. Been high 80's low 90's. Not your usual weather for Oct. here in Kansas. I'll take the warm though, every day of heat is one I don't have to buy from the gas company. But it sure has been nice here of the evening.

Swamprat

That is my feeling exactly. Especially since we've been trying all summer to find someone to replace both our furnaces. It was HOT today and then tonight it already dipped into the low 50's. Kinda the best of both worlds.

Same here, it's been in the upper 80's. This was the first weekend I was going to go bow hunting. I didn't even bother. Wednesday it's supposed to be in the 50's for a high, maybe next weekend will be better. I'm not looking forward to 19 but the 30's would be nice.

-Don

I had to laugh, I got up this moring and last night's little sprinkles froze my doors shut on the car. By 10:00 I was running the A/C in the car, lol. Welcome to the Rockies.

"Welcome to the Rockies.

--------------------

Mike McCabe - Licensed Firearms Manufacturer"

I want to wish the Colorado Rockies the best in the next round of the playoffs, since the Astros are not there, I am for them.

Anybody except Boston!

BTW, I have nothing against the Diamondbacks. I think it is great that one of them will be in the World Series.

fritz

THE BACKS IN 6 AND ON TO BOSTON!!

AA-SMALL.jpg

Sorry, it don't look like that right now.

The Boston part is right, but the Rockies are rockin'.

fritz