Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Tractor Experts

donmarkey

A friend of mine bought I new tractor, wel new to him, to replace his small ford. He is having trouble finding any info on it. He is looking for a users manual or something, to tell him what all the levers do. Most are self explainatory but there are a few that don't seem to do anything. I looked at it yesterday and was lost too, but the only tractors I use are the contruction type not the farm ones. From what I can see it is a:

J I Case 630

Tripl-range drive

model 2024704

Any one have one or use one.

-Don

The Case-o-matic transmission was kinda a different bird. I never had one, but if they are like the Ford Select-o-matic, I wouldn't want one.

For an operator's manual, try (ssbtractor.com), or do a google search using Case 630 tractor manuals. ssbtractor.com does offer manuals for this tractor, try their website and give them a call.

fritz

Thanks fritz, that's what he was looking for. They list that they have an operaters manual, everywhere else he looked just had service manuals. I sent him the info. The tractor runs great and is more than big enough for him. He just uses it for mowing and raking the horse corral out. Other than that it's just for light duty yard work and plowing the snow. The only thing we noticed wrong with it is the carb is leaking a little and the front loader attachment needs the rams rebuilt. If he can sell his little ford 2n it'll be over half paid for.

-Don

The only thing we noticed wrong with it is the carb is leaking a little

-Don

When I worked the parts business years ago leaky carbs (and leaky everything else) was a common problem on tractors. Problem with leaky carbs, some of the hard headed farmers and ranchers would wait untill it started a fire before doing about it. Fuel pumps were usually located low and out of the way but carburator fires, located up higher on the engine always took a few items with them. If the leak is located around the float bowl or fuel line input it is only going to get progressively worse. It only takes a drop or two on a hot manifold to ruin one's day.

It only takes a drop or two on a hot manifold to ruin one's day.

Ain't that the truth. Seen a few of those on my buddy's farm.