Military Firearm Restoration Corner

At The Range.

cold shot

hi all. Finally got to go to the range today. spent 6 hrs shootin' up the targets. Not any good groups were tried for today. just lettin' off a little steam and stress. gotta tell ya though, that 8mm-06 w 220gr hornadays will definitely put you in your place. they cronied at 2675-2685fps with IMR 4064. shoulder will be sore tomorrow. I unloaded a total of 78rds. then shot the 243 bullbarrel. 55gr nos bt @ 4135fps avreage. 12 lb gun loaded -no recoil there.used up 145 rds. It's a bencher for sure. Well, hope you folks had a good weekend as I did, Got to meet some new friends an shootin' companions. Enjoy- Dave

:D new up date. Since my last post. My good buddy an' gunsmith called to let me know he'd gotten his 2 buck. Today at work he comes by with about 50lbs of deer meat for me. Rangeing from the whole rib cage, to both shoulders, h.b. and tenderlions. Oh Happy day, now I can make some old fashion venison jerky. What a way to start your week. Later folks, just had to stand up an' shout !!!! OH, !!! YEAH!!! Dave :rolleyes: