Military Firearm Restoration Corner

375 Ruger Loading Data

BradD

Hi All,

Did I mention that I was the first kid on the block to build a 375 Ruger?. Well, actually I'm the only kid on the block 375 or not, so maybe that isn't that big a claim.

Anyway there is a real paucity of loading info. Hornady isn't giving up anything. Of course they have super powder, but I wish they'd put out something for us mortals.

I have an article by Terry Wieland and he liked W-760. It has been really so-so for me. I have another article by Jeff Quinn and he liked H4350. It looks like my loadings are going to run over the top of the case so I don't know... But will report back after I pull the trigger.

Anyone else have any sources for data?

thanks,

Brad

Excellent article!! I've been considering a 375 Ruger. I have an in the white Santa Barbara mag action beggen for a barrel and stock. So far I'm undecided. I also want a 264 Winnie.

I've got a gut feeling Hornady is using a duplex load. If that is the case we will never see the data for it. I haven't seen a suggested duplex load in the gun rags in over 25 years. I guess it is the fear of liability as some jokers have likely tried improving on it.

PAUCITY! I had to look that one up.

I've got all the parts and peices to to build a 375 Ruger but I'm forcing myself to hold off until I get a couple other projects completed first.

PAUCITY! I had to look that one up.

I've got all the parts and peices to to build a 375 Ruger but I'm forcing myself to hold off until I get a couple other projects completed first.

You can't call yourself a total sportorising addict untill you have a few to several projects going at the same time. I lost count of all the mind projects I've got going. One of these days I'll get back to my 257 Roberts.