Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mauser Stock

nofiveo

anybody know where i can get a surplus 98 mauser stock? i acquired the gun a few days back. it went through a vehicle fire, it got hot enuff to burn off all traces of the existing stock and also warped the barrel. i think it might make a nice wall hanger. i can still see the nazi proof marks and stampings. obviously i don't need anything too pretty, just something to make it look like a gun again. i've checked through various parts suppliers websites, and they all seem to be "out of stock" any ideas? thatnk.. Chad

Ebay seems to have them on a regular basis. I'm sure someone into sporterizing can help you out. All I have right now are yugo stocks. I do have a couple sporterized 98's that are in kind of rough shape that you are welcome to if you can't find a full one. All heat treating had to be lost in the fire if it warped the barrel, but you're right it'll still make a nice wall hanger. I'd cut the tip off of the firing pin and/or plug the chamber to make sure no one decides to try it out though.

-Don