Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Z1r

scott63

Scott here are some pics of work someone else has done to a SR Mexican98 to make it resemble a G33/40. Not my work though.

2005166988610479128_rs.jpg

2005186542748402296_rs.jpg

2005164736838770945_rs.jpg

2003312606543283065_rs.jpg

Perhaps this was the image?

lightened98mauser.jpg

Thank you both for the pics, but the one I remembered had milling cuts that were pretty drastic, and the bolt handle was hollowed out too. I thought Mike posted it, but maybe it was someone else?

Thanks again for the pics.................Scott

Thank you both for the pics, but the one I remembered had milling cuts that were pretty drastic, and the bolt handle was hollowed out too. I thought Mike posted it, but maybe it was someone else?

Thanks again for the pics.................Scott

Please tell me you don't want to emulate that? If you want light, get a Rem Ti receiver. Mausers were just not meant to be ultra lights. But, you can still make them reasonably light. My .308 on a full sized vz24 weighs a mere 7.25 lbs scoped. It has a 21" bbl, and no lightening cuts. the only real machining done to it was the removal of the charger hump.

Please tell me you don't want to emulate that? If you want light, get a Rem Ti receiver. Mausers were just not meant to be ultra lights. But, you can still make them reasonably light. My .308 on a full sized vz24 weighs a mere 7.25 lbs scoped. It has a 21" bbl, and no lightening cuts. the only real machining done to it was the removal of the charger hump.

The pic I have in mind was pretty severe, I wasn't planning on anything that drastic, just wanting to see what was possible. I thought you had posted the pic saying it was for a client that wanted the utmost in ultralight, but it may have been someone else. It may have even been a Rem 700 action. Thanks again for the 33/40 pics................................Scott