Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Gi 45 Auto Animated Assembly

AzRednek

It is always convenient to have somebody to blame!! I sold several of these when I had an FFL. One character ordered it with 10,000 rds of ammo. He came back about 30 days later with a well worn pistol complaining about the amount of play between the slide and frame. AMT made him eat the repair. He returned it with a GI sear and another non-AMT part. AMT suspected he ground the sear and let it rip full auto. I bought one of the standard slide models for myself and still have it. The rear sight broke off leaving the screw flush with the slide. Most the feedback I got on the Longslide claimed remarkable accuracy and minimal recoil.

The big problem I see today, if you need a part unique to the Longslide there is no source of parts as AMT is no longer in business. I have a AMT 380 that is useless because I can't get a part. Numrich bought up their parts and if they don't have it there is no alternative except to have it made from scratch.

45-3.jpg

45-2.jpg

Red,

Know what you mean about parts for AMT's. I had a auto mag II that I got as a project gun. Had to make a couple of springs and repair the disconnector bar as no parts were available. I fired the hardballer today after giving it a complete cleaning. No problems and dead on accurate. It's a rare gun in these parts and I got some real looks at the gun shop today. There are some parts for sale on gunbroker, you might find your 380 part.

Swamprat