Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Sportorized Mauser Pics

38scarabkv

• 4 weeks later...

Is the scope one of the chinese Leupold clones?? If so how do you like it. I've got one and so far so good, it is crystal clear and so far has held it's zero on my 35 Whelen. I'm considering another for my 338 mag as the price is defintely right and a mear thousand or so bux cheaper than a real Leupold.

scope-1.jpg

scope-2.jpg

yes, cheap chinese crap, stay away from the one like on the gadget gun above, the m3 style, adjustments not real good, and are backwards (the scope is marked up but turning that way lowers bullet impact, same with windage), I have an m1 lighted stye and it is really good, tried to shoot it to pieces, still working and accurate on any power and the clicks values are dead on. I have the m1 on my Mosin m44 and it shoots dead on. A buddy came across these and the early ones with the soviet ranging retical seem to be far better quality. He got a newer one with a mill dot and there seems to be a smudge on the retical. All in all for the money I would say go NCSTAR before the counterfit stuff.....just saw off that stupid stop light inspired sunshade....and the mounts with the chinese scope are junk, these would not tighten enough and the scope would slip, even rounded the allen heads and still slipped so I added some 3m 5200, enough of it and you will not even need rings..........just have everything lined up because it is kind of permanent.

It had to leave this one alone...............................fr8 7.62mm

AICS007.jpg

I'm ignorant, but what is this? Obviously some sort of mauser carbine, but is this an actual military configuration with the flash hider, etc? Any governments field a model like this? Is it a repro of an original, or a made up version?

I have a VZ that I would like to modify and I have contemplated doing something different with it... i.e. some sort of parkerized carbine that could double as an open sighted brush gun for hunting. I'm just not sure what direction to take and was wondering if something like this would work.

tube stored the cleaning kit, and it was used by Spain when they joined NATO till they got their Cetme's...kind of a fill the gap gun...........all original 7.62mm..............it sure would look good with my BAR mag conversion, like the gadget gun above.

I'm ignorant, but what is this? Obviously some sort of mauser carbine, but is this an actual military configuration with the flash hider, etc? Any governments field a model like this? Is it a repro of an original, or a made up version?

I have a VZ that I would like to modify and I have contemplated doing something different with it... i.e. some sort of parkerized carbine that could double as an open sighted brush gun for hunting. I'm just not sure what direction to take and was wondering if something like this would work.

I believe it's called a Spanish FR-8

• 4 weeks later...
post-168-1202574446_thumb.jpgpost-168-1202574093_thumb.jpgThis is my Yugo M48A. Leupold one piece scope mount, Redfield Tracker 3x9x40 scope, Timney sporter trigger, and a low safety. gearyr

Nice clean looking rifle.

I couldn't open the lower photo for some reason.

Where would one get one of the modified BAR mags that would fit a mauser?

That would be very cool!

it is a BAR mag from gunparts, I just cut off the feed lips and removed a little wood towards the front of the mag well and then cut up an extra bottom metal I had and welded it to the bar mag. I looked at the trench mag they were like $80.00 and the BAR mag was like $9.00

i stand corrected! never heard of that modification, but it's cool!

it is a BAR mag from gunparts, I just cut off the feed lips and removed a little wood towards the front of the mag well and then cut up an extra bottom metal I had and welded it to the bar mag. I looked at the trench mag they were like $80.00 and the BAR mag was like $9.00