Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Kiss My Ass

swamprat

Message sent. I'm done. When you are censored while writing. I'm gone. This is the second time an entry I've been making has been wiped before posting. I've paid to keep this board on the web. I thought Tony and I were friends. But this is bullshit. I disagree with a point of view and my post isn't even allowed to be posted. KISS MY ASS I'M GONE

SWAMPRAT

Swamp,

I don't know what happened but I do know that I wrote a word that was censored a few days ago. I just thought of a replacement that wasn't banned. It made the point just the same. It reminded me of what the sisters at the orphanage used to tell me about using curse words.

George, what the heck is your massive problem? I don't deserve this. I did nothing to your post, and you've said nothing about problems with posts in the past. What You are also as aware as I am that I gave to you out of my own pocket last Christmas and asked for nothing in return. Is this huge insult what I get from a friend?

It's things like this that don't give me any hope for humanity. I think really I'm well past the common belief that "people are basically good".

Tony,

I don't mean to step into something I shouldn't but I still feel that there are more good people out there than bad. And, that even some of the ones that fall somewhere in between are still capable of surprising you with their acts of kindness & compassion. That said, even good people can have bad days, you never really know what is going on in their lives. Do you deserve this? No. Sometimes the site does weird things, its happened to me but we just need to let it go, retype what we had to say if it was important enough to say, and try again.

Now go enjoy your family and forget about the site for a while.

And have a Very Merry Christmas!

-Mike

This morning as I drove a quarter mile from my house I saw Pearl Harbor and its monuments to the 2000 or so men killed by "basically good" people. "There is none who does good, no, not one".

I got this Dec. 17th with no other notice:

This really is a good place to get help for those old military surplus rifles. But there are things said and post made that really hurt my guts, my soul and my heart.

So would you please unregister me or delete me or whatever it's called from this site.

Respectfully, Bob Thiry (oldbikewrench)

Enough.

You know, twice in the last few weeks I was writing away on a post and when I went to preview it or post it, it went poof....said I had to be signed in, which it also said I was (I was indeed). Was able to back frame and find it, copy it into my browser, log out and log back in and paste it in a new post and saved all my brilliant work. I wonder if that's what happened to Swamprat.

He probably should have checked with Tony before anything else.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all you scoundrels. :lol:

Brad

Swampy

As the others have said sometimes your post just gets lost.

I'm sure that Tony isn't sitting out there monitoring your posts so he can hit

some all powerful moderators delete button.

This is a stressful time of year, believe me! Just today my wife and I have been

experiencing some of those stresses. UPDATE!! Just now she griped at me for

not putting the venison on the grill.

We've just tragically lost Fritz and Tye, lets not loose you too.

Have a nice cool beverage, sleep on it and come back to us tomorrow.

Craig

You know, twice in the last few weeks I was writing away on a post and when I went to preview it or post it, it went poof....said I had to be signed in, which it also said I was (I was indeed). Was able to back frame and find it, copy it into my browser, log out and log back in and paste it in a new post and saved all my brilliant work. I wonder if that's what happened to Swamprat.

He probably should have checked with Tony before anything else.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all you scoundrels. :lol:

Brad

That's exactly what has happened to me. Not so much lately but it has happened.

You know, I frequent some other internet boards and the stuff on here is tame in comparison. You cannot please everyone. And anytime you have a forum for discussion you will have disagreement. There's no avoiding it. Heck, I even left once but then was convinced it wasn't such a good idea. I made the decission to avoid, for the most part, the forums that discuss topics I'm not in agreement with and it has worked pretty well so far. Yes, there are topics that come up that I don't agree with and am sometimes offended by but I refuse to be drawn into them. I just go back to the relative safety of the mauser & gunsmithing forums, lol.

I for one will not give up hope in humanity. If you have lost that you may as well wither up and die. Sure, there are bad people and there are good people and then there are those (masses) that are somewhere in between. I have seen some amazing acts of kindness by folks I'd never have figured capable. That doesn't mean I wear rose colored glasses. I'll give someone a chance (within reason) and if they blow it, then we are finished. I also keep guns and know a hell of a lot of martial arts and self defense because there are bad people. Often it is a matter of perspective or simply letting yourself see the good in others or the kindness they are capable of. But it never hurts to keep your eyes open and a pistol loaded.

Well, here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

"Mother Theresa" Mike

A few comments:

1. If there was deliberate censorship occurring, surely this thread would have been struck as well .... :)

2. Running things is a generally thankless task. I'm not sure one can correctly generalize about human nature on this basis as your point of view will tend to be negatively skewed.

Yes I speak from experience ...

3. Computer glitches are pretty common. I've lost more than a few posts myself (on a variety of boards) ... it happens, usually without the knowledge of the site owner. If one gets frustrated by this kind of thing there is always the technique of using Word or MS WOrks or Office or some other word processing program first ( save your work as you go), before posting.

Good advice but I just type it out again when I lose a post ...

4. Maybe things are a bit stressful out there? :ph34r:

5. If you use more than 3 'smileys' you get this message and it won't let you post:

You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

6. Merry Christmas, all. :)

I've been around this site for a long time now. I don't post a lot but I do read a lot. I don't know Tony personally but I DO know how he makes a living. I wish he had time to sit around and censor eveyone's posts but I know better. As for losing the posts, that has been going on AT LEAST since the board was changed. I never thought Tony or any other person was responsible for this. All in all this is a pretty fine place to be. I appreciate everyone's opinion because after a lot of years I finally figured out that I'm not always right! Soooo I will leave off with this:

GET OVER IT! and HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I've lost a reply message twice here lately,and knew instantly no one censored it,'cause it happened way too fast.I work with computers every day doing my job,and we loose inormation all the time,and that's with programs that cost 1,000's of bucks yearly.This board runs way smooth.Good job to you cats running it.Dang I hope Swampy is just in a mood. Jerry

I'm trying to figure out the concern over hurtful words. These are usually in "Fighting Words" where you would expect them unless something takes a tangent in "Chewing the Cud".

We all get grumped every once in a while. Hopefully swamp was just having a bad day.

Swampy get back in here would ya??? Hey if I got po'd and left everytime my posts got forked up and lost I'd been gone long ago. After seeing a demonstration of your skills when you made the spring from scratch and you brought life back into a dead pistol you're really needed here.

I'm not sure what has Swamp bent out of shape, but I do know that if there was any censorship, I didn't do it and don't know anything about it. There really isn't much censorship taking place around here; there's really not much need.

We've had some grand ole disagreements here over the last couple years, but, things are getting better. Heck, think about this: I see Mike and Brad posting regularly in the Chewing the Cud and Thems Fighting Words forums. That never used to the case...so I guess you might say that the "signal to noise" ratio is dropping to a friendly level.

Its always sad to see members go, but unfortunately, there is no pleasing everyone. Before anyone else decides to leave, I would urge them to seek remedy for any wrongs from one of the moderators - we're all here to help. Then, if discussion here still bothers you, please visit the Accurate Reloading forums or the FAL Files forums and do a comparison. I'm a proud member of both sites and have seen rants/raves/unfriendly pissing contests go on for days. We really have it pretty good here.

-Jason

Swamp,

I do not know you from Adam, but I do know you are among friends here brother, not enemies. Furthermore, I think if censorship was being practiced, we would not even be having this conversation, as the title for your original post is pretty racy. (Got my attention!)

Merry Christmas to All!

Hugh

Sheesh-

I've been gone so long I missed fritz checking out.

What are the Fightin' Words guys gonna do now?

Nod and agree with each other?

LOL.

As to posting, I write all mine in a text edit program. Hey, it checks my spelling, and doesn't crash.

Select all, copy, and paste to the forum.

Somethin' doesn't work, I still have the text edit edition to repost.

Anyway, thanks for the forum Tony--we're indebted to you, politics and all--and Happy New Year, boys.

flaco

• 3 weeks later...