Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Christmas Firearms

roscoedoh

Congrats. While I didn't really get anything that goes Kaboom, I did get a Really nice gps to keep my skinny butt from getting lost. Also got a real nice gift certificate from the Mother in Law to Cabelas. I did get my son a Savage 325 in .30-30. Neat little gun that I plan to restock in the Mannlicher style. So, I sorta got one, you think?

First year for me in several years that something firearms related didn't get passed around my family. My elderly aunt usually hands me a check a day or two after Christmans and tells me to buy a gun but I usually use it to pay off credit cards I run up this time of year. I got a $100 Wally World gift card from my cousin I will likey use to buy ammo. Have to admit I had more fun than my grandson playing with his remote control 4X4 monster truck. He also got another that would pop wheelies. How come they never made toys like that when I was young??

congrads on all the guns and actions....i didn't get any thunder sticks...did get a real nice hard case to put a few of my prize rifles in. all well...i'll just have to treat myself to a gun :P Z1R, getting lost is half the fun in life....i never know where the hell i am!

Brenden

I bought myself a present on Gunbroker. A Mauser C96 Broomhandle. Wanted one for a long time now. I'll probably get it in a day or two! I knew better than to wait for someone else to get it for me!

You lucky guy!!! I've always wanted one, don't know why I like them so much but I'm to much of a cheapskate to pay what they are worth. Buddy of mine has one and I really enjoy shooting it with the shoulder stock attached. Another friend has one that I haven't shot. It is a rusted junker but kind of unique having both Turkish and Chinese stampings on it. He got it about 10 years ago for about a hundred bux worth of parts and his labor on an air conditioning repair.

Nothing gun related but the wife did buy some bug armour for me after I got eaten alive by turkey mites back in late summer!

We closed on a 57 acre farm a couple months ago so I didn't want a lot for Christmas this year.

It was a good day just watching the kids and enjoying their fun. I have a 3yo son who got a set of "real" hand tools.

He cut a dowel in half at the work bench and you'd think he'd won 10K from the look on his face!!

It doesn't get much better.............

A romy parts set from Sarco. I got the "like new" one and it certainly is. Anyone else notice that the parts sets prices went up 40-50% in the past six months? A sign of times to come. Get them while you can.

Yesterday I got back on my old 7.62x39 93 Mauser project. It needed some little stuff like a new ejector, bump up the headspace a tad, bend the spring on the mag, etc. It's working pretty well now. Very low recoil. Just a gently shove.

(quote Nothing that will actually go boom.

I did get 2000+ photos of guns, The Illustrated Directory of Guns by Dave Miller

Great !!!! Did'nt get any boomers either. At least now ya can dream some more right?

No thunder-sticks for me either,but I got a new 6'' vise and a hydralic chair for my new work bench in my gun room.Got a gift certificate from Home Depot,so now I can finish the gun room.Jerry

I don't know if this counts, but I called the owner of that JC Higgins commercial Mauser was still for sale after the last gunshow. It's not for sale anymore - I pick it up the 5th of Jan. Christmas gift to myself. I'm okay with that!!!

well done walnut. I'm proud of you man. You now own a very fine firearm. Like i've always said, put a piece of tape over the name and shoot a few guns, then see what you like :)

Eldora, does your wife have any single sisters that are as giving as her?

brenden

I don't know if this counts, but I called the owner of that JC Higgins commercial Mauser was still for sale after the last gunshow. It's not for sale anymore - I pick it up the 5th of Jan. Christmas gift to myself. I'm okay with that!!!

Sweet. I think you'll enjoy the heck out of it. Pics when you get it please.

Thanks, guys. I'm loading now for -06 for when the range opens in March. I'll take both of them. The other one hasn't been shot since the stock was done and bedded so it'll be fun. Then the fN will go in the cabinet till I figure out what I want to do with it. My heads running anywhere from leaving it as is (just doing the stock) or re-chamber to .308 Norma (kinda interesting) to re-barrel all together. I really have to work on taking pictures. I struggle with the digital camera. Me and electronics are oil and water. Every picture I take comes out good, unless it's a rifle LOL.