Military Firearm Restoration Corner

What the hell is wrong with people?

Guest Guest_karlunity_*

Guest Guest_karlunity_*

I was watching a flick on cable called " Saving Silverman" in it R. Lee Ermy, the guy from Mail call...a Marine, plays a fag and kisses and gets married to another guy!

What the hell is wrong with Hollywood and Ermy?

If TYRVR learns of this, I will never hear the end of it.

KArl sad.gifsad.gif

Yeah, I like Ermey...he and his wife reside just down the road a bit from here where I live... he plays golf at the course a couple of blocks from me and I see him shopping and driving around here pretty frequently. He's a nice guy.

You might want to forgive him his "transgression" of making "Saving Silverman" and kissing Jack Black, karlunity...money does strange things to people. Ermey himself made a lot of fun of "Saving Silverman" when he was being interviewed about it.

Let's remember what Ermey does on behalf of our troops currently serving in Iraq...he goes on trips over there and visits with them, raising morale. He stays involved in USMC projects such as toy drives and he solicits donations for the group "care packages" sent to military personnel. He's a famous face, and a strong advocate for the Marine Corps, and can do in a single appearance somewhere what a whole platoon of Marines can't do...he makes the connection between our military and our civilians, and keeps it in our faces so that we don't start thinking that things are all sweetness and light!

Plus, Ermey has done many roles that, in my opinion, redeem his role in "Saving Silverman", his role as the police chief in "Seven", his role as the judge in "Murder in the First", and of course, his defining moment in Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket". Naturally, there are some bad choices intermingled in even his good roles, but that's true for virtually every actor...and while Ermey is a Marine, he's also an actor...I think he loves both.

Just my opinion.

I liked _Saving Silverman_, but then, I am a big Neil Diamond fan. Wasn't real happy with Neil opening his mouth during the last election and showing us all how stupid he really is, but then Bruce Springsteen did too. I also could have done without the kissing scene.

My favorite Ermy supporting-actor movie is _Purple Hearts_, a fantastic movie with everything in it: Love story, plenty of senseless violence, explosions, combat, doctorin', etc. I highly recommend it if you can find it. You might have to pick it up off eBay from one of the foreign importers, as I don't think it was ever re-released on DVD here.

Dr.Hess