Military Firearm Restoration Corner

SKS

NorthWind762

ph34r.gif

Hey guys I picked up a yugo sks. I am looking to sporterize it. I was hoping Y'all

have pics of your own to show off, maybe i can get some good feedback from you all on whatever. I am thinking about a ScoutScopes.com scout mount. Choat dragunov stock and possibly a bushnell red green multireticule sight, recoil buffer .

well if you feel like sharing those pics and information on you sks sporterizing expieriences(good and bad) I'm all ears. ......Oh i was wondering about the gas tube should I put a new manufacture one on? what does the gas shut off valve on the yugo sks do?

Thanx

NW

what does the gas shut off valve on the yugo sks do?

2824[/snapback]

The gas shutoff is for use with the granade launcher. When used as a grenade launcher you turn off the gas shutoff to provide more thrust for the grenade. Then you have to cycle the action to eject the special grenade firing blank.

Jer

The gas shutoff is for use with the granade launcher. When used as a grenade launcher you turn off the gas shutoff to provide more thrust for the grenade. Then you have to cycle the action to eject the special grenade firing blank.

Jer

2828[/snapback]

heres one i"m working on

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1437380