Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Got An Old .22 Pistol To Rebuild

Horsefly

I have a dudes Iver Johnson Sealed 8,8 shot double action pistol that he wants me to get into working condition again,and re-blue.I've done some research on it,and they're not worth much,even in good condition,but I'm going to give it a try.It was his grandfathers,and it has been through a fire,but wasn't damaged much,because the bakelite grip is ok.It won't cock in single action,the cylinder hand isn't moving,and the trigger doesn't catch and move the hammer everytime.He doesn't care if it ever shoots again,but wants it to look nice for a keepsake.He said his grandpa always wanted to get it fixed up again,but passed away before gittin-er done,so I'll give it a try.If I can make the trigger cycle and cylinder turn,not much reason for it not to shoot.Any tips on parts besides Numrich would be a great help.Wish me luck! Jerry

I have a dudes Iver Johnson Sealed 8,8 shot double action pistol that he wants me to get into working condition again,and re-blue.I've done some research on it,and they're not worth much,even in good condition,but I'm going to give it a try.It was his grandfathers,and it has been through a fire,but wasn't damaged much,because the bakelite grip is ok.It won't cock in single action,the cylinder hand isn't moving,and the trigger doesn't catch and move the hammer everytime.He doesn't care if it ever shoots again,but wants it to look nice for a keepsake.He said his grandpa always wanted to get it fixed up again,but passed away before gittin-er done,so I'll give it a try.If I can make the trigger cycle and cylinder turn,not much reason for it not to shoot.Any tips on parts besides Numrich would be a great help.Wish me luck! Jerry

Good luck, I have one that I am trying to find grips for, none found yet. My father gave it to me, so I will be keeping it, luckily it works. Someone before me polished it to death and "reblued" it, came out purple.

HEY HBB, this guy has a store front on ebay and he molds grips to order. Maybe he can help you out if u email him your wants for grips for your sealed 8. Won't hurt to try. Good luck!

Spiris

I tried, he does not have a pattern for the sealed eight, if I send him a drawing of the frame he can mold a set to fit. Trying to decide if I want to carve my own or use him.