Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Another 1909

donmarkey

Are you guys trying to tell me I have too many 1909's? I have a couple more in the shop too. I'm looking for a stock to replace the czech stock on the bottom one, if anyone has one.

-Don

gb1055.jpg

You didn't have to rub it in!

I hope your wife kicks your butt for puttin those dirty old guns on her clean carpet. LOL

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...
i found the flaw although it is was an exceptional deal the bolt stop is not correct great buy don i pm'ed you

Most of the ones you see aren't right. I put the originals on the ones that are staying original as for the ones I use for donor actions it doen't matter since I redo them anyway. But good eye.

-Don

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I've finished kicking myself in the rear for missing this one, I thought that I might ask you to keep me in mind when the barrel comes off.

I just bought an Oberndorf LR M98 in 7.65 because I want to show it to 7.62 NATO huggers, pointing out it's production birth in 1889, and it's superior ballistics with lower pressure. I also like to point out the .300 Savage which was specifically designed as a shortened replacmen for the 30-06 about 1913. Not received my 7.65 yet so I'm not sure what kind of bore I'm getting, might need a newer barrel. Thanks, Bill.