Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Going Shootin'

cold shot

:unsure: Well folks, gonna break in that new membership card to the YSA range on Sunday. Plannin' on takein' the Marlin 336W, VZ24,K.Kale Turk '38, and maybe the 8MM-300 Win mag for spin around the range. I'll see how many times the shoulder will hurt. :lol: Will post some target reports on Monday. That is if I don't tear up the targets too bad. It just goin' to be some much needed stress relief, According to my wife an' daughter..Have a good week end everyone,see you on Monday...Dave

Dave, My over priced hand holder tells me its not safe to be under stress and handle a firearm. Becarful and don't hurt urself, and hopefully the paper won't return fire.

Brenden

Well folks, back from the range. Good report too. the 8mm-300 win mag woke up the neighborhood when I unload a couple of 150-s at 3450fps. The marlin 30-30 shredded the 10,9 rings real good. The vz24 was doin' her job too till a couple o'turk rounds were stubborn to shoot off. Had to smack em' a couple times to bark. The target never got off a shot..My arsenal of 3 unloaded 175 rounds...Now I gotta reason to reload some more. A feller was unloadin' with a M1 Garand, lotta noise, then heard the CLINK!!, It's reload time. He left, and I got 69 rds of 06 brass for reloads.

Gonna give em' to a buddy that has a Garand...All in all it was a very destressfull day. Gotta do alittle tlc to the guns now.

Am lookin forward to my next match w/ that elusive 10 ring.......Dave

• 1 month later...

:ph34r: Goin to the range again.Got kicked outta the house again...Gotta love it though...

Takin the wifes 30-30 this time and her ammo. Also takin the 243 for a run too..I'm gonna do my best at tacklein

that elusive 10 ring again...The wife is suppose to take pics.We'll see how they turn out...

It's a beautifull sunny day out here , so I think I'll bring the sun screen...Later all...Dave ;)

Here is a few pics of this ol' fart at work.. pardon the flinching too!

IM000045.jpg

IM000042.jpg

IM000043.jpg

243targetApril62008.jpg

the rifle--243 w/bullbarrel,simmons 6-24prw,millet adj rings,optimum bold w/ side safety trigger.corelite stock.

Ammo was 243 w/ 80gr rem pspcorelocks.Imr 4064 38grs, mv was 3175fps.

Yolo sportman range at 100yds

Almost for got the best part...picked up 140rds of once fired m14 -308 brass Too

looked like a nice day to go and shoot. I wish there was a gun range around here with out having to drive 50 miles. Nice groups Dave. and best of all....you've got some re-loading material now ;)

Brenden

• 2 months later...

UP DATED> Went to the range today with the 7x57...Just fire forming some brass..What sweet loads they were.:

130gr Lee casts pushed by 20grs of RX7 and kicked off with a Fed 215 primer. I swear the recoil was less than a 22-250 with a 60gr round.Only had 50rds loaded, have brass coming so will load 200rds. Next time the wife better bring the camera....Even with the right shoulder in a little pain stretching the arm, it was a GOOD day....Dave

Good Day at work .Goin to the range again tomorrow for some R&D of a new play toy I'm workin on..Will keep ya informed on the progress. The 7x57 is gettin a new chamberin to an improved shoulder ..60 degs. will be testing the rds tomorrow...

Ya'll have a good week end,...Dave Ps got some reamers to finish the 8-08 chamber. will do this next week end..

All good plans sometime get a snafu. This happened to me this mornin.was plannin a good day at the range and my injured shoulder wasn't going to let me.,so it will have to wait...Sorry for the delay....Dave