Military Firearm Restoration Corner

State Of Our Little Club

FC

I found our little club after I bought my 1st Swede 96 and wanted to find out more about it and was surfing the web.I had worked on guns,repairing them for friends and neighbors since I was a kid,but never had sporterized a Mauser,until I found this place,and you cats walked me through it step by step,and probably didn't even know it.I spent hours going over the archives,and ask lots of questions.Mike Mc and Shooter Tom were still in California,Jason was just out of highschool,we had 2 women on regularly,Morgans Boss was talking about going to Africa a lot,and did,Fritz was a hoot and I still clabber up thinking about the way he left us and how we found out.Oh ya,and there was the dude,Rem7oo something or the other we all donatated parts too that turned out to be a scam.I found out about how sorry he was from another member here that spent some time in hell with him.This place has been great to and for me just by being here to relieve some stress,and have my own quiet time with a bunch of Hoppe's heads like me.Thanks Tony for this and your service. Jerry

I dunno how long I've been hanging around. Probably pretty close to the beginning, I guess. I never was on the Parallax board, so I didn't get run off of it. I guess I found this one surfing in the early days of the internet. I built a Turk into a 30-06 High Power Prone match rifle back in about 1997 or so. Then we moved up here and there are no matches to shoot it. Oh well.

What was the deal on Rem700? I seem to recall a guy who said he was robbed and people donating stuff to him. Was that it?

If he's the one I'm thinking of, I gave him a M48 to sporterize for a kid whose dad was killed in Iraq. He never did anything but keep the rifle. I think he also got threatened if he didn't return the co-op stuff; he then returned it. Unfortunately, in the hunting and shooting world there are a lot of lousy people mixed in with the good.