Military Firearm Restoration Corner

What Is This From?

donmarkey

Could very well be a Mex. Might it also be a small ring spanish? Seems I've seen that circle cross mark on Spanish actions but not 100% sure. I can look at my Mex's this evening and confirm.

Could very well be a Mex. Might it also be a small ring spanish? Seems I've seen that circle cross mark on Spanish actions but not 100% sure. I can look at my Mex's this evening and confirm.

I also got a couple with the same size dimensions but a large ring type bow and trigger slot. Came from the same parts lot, maybe large ring mex. I think they have a star on them. I'll dig one out and get a pic.

-Don

My 1910-1936 Mex. Tg's all have a small Y in a circle O at the base of the trigger bow. Never seen Mex's with the serial # stamped on the tang and plate but anything is possible.

I have a Greek MS 1903-14 with a cross in a circle on it. Its similar but not exact.

Will keep lookin

If it is any help, my chilean is matching.. so That should "cap it". Tho mine is not exactly like that one.... mine is a G series.. not K.. LOL. MV

Edit: Just checked, and my non-matching... kinda been fooled w/ a bit, chilean, is also just like that one.. except that the TG matches the rcvr, but floorplate does not, and it is an A series.. HTH

I think Racepres is right, Chilean.

I've got two 95s, and both have that symbol. One is exactly like the one in the photo, the other has a hinged floorplate with the release on the side of the trigger bow.

Here's a photo of the hinged one before it was sported.

95chilean002.jpg

Hey, I have spanish mausers that look real close. I too thought that was the origin. Slightly different circle cross though.

• 1 year later...

Gents,

What Spanish model would have a hinged trigger guard like that? I've stayed away from the Spanish rifles but I wouldn't mind one of those trigger guards mated to one of my '95 Chilean actions.

Thanks,

Dan

Gents,

What Spanish model would have a hinged trigger guard like that? I've stayed away from the Spanish rifles but I wouldn't mind one of those trigger guards mated to one of my '95 Chilean actions.

Thanks,

Dan

I've seen them advertised somewhere recently- try Numrich