Military Firearm Restoration Corner

98 Swede

Uncle Grinch

Yeah, those are kinda neat peeps. they work basically just like the XS Peeps do. Kool little setup.

I just got a Husky 98 in 8mm. I wish it were a 6.5mm but, the bore is pristine so I ain;t complaining.

Sweet score on your part!

That's one very nice rifle.I've seen the sights on the net,but never in the flesh.I'm sure craving one of the Husky sporters in any cal. but am really stuck on 6.5x55.Good for you Uncle. Jerry

Tradewinds Inc. of Tacoma Wa. who was the importer of the Husqvarna line of rifles, Barreled actions, actions, scopes etc. sold these in the 60's.

That peep sight was called the Tradewinds Snap-Shooter and was designed to fit the factory drilled HVA actions."Micrometer click elevation adjustments, sliding windage adjustment with inset locking screws, no protruding knobs to distract the eye from the aperture".

Francis Sell, the outdoors author, who was from the Washington-Oregon area wrote about and recommended these little gems.

Bob