Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Gearpay

911rat

Anyone use Gearpay to pay for auctions on GB or AA?

Or is anyone aware of any problems with them?

I would be carefull. Disputes like with PayPal are difficult as it might be a money tranfer and not a sale. The 3% many Gunbroker merchants charge for credit card transactions buy a little insurance in case the goods are never delivered and the sale needs to be disputed.

Anything is better than paypal. All I ever read about on gun boards are stories of how paypal screwed someone over by freezing their account over a firearms related purchase. I haven't used paypal in five years and don't intend to ever use it again.

I don't like PayPal or the parent company Ebay but there isn't really an alternative to either, if one wants to sell something on the net that isn't sold on Gunbroker. I've sold all kinds of junk on Ebay that would have gone in the garbage. I've got so much money for some junk I almost felt like I was stealing at times. An item listed on Ebay that doesn't take PayPal generally will sell for considerably less. Ebay overseas sales can be a real pain in the rear without PayPal. I tried setting up my own account to accept credit or debit cards without going through PayPal. My second transaction was a stolen card and I had to eat it.