Military Firearm Restoration Corner

lothar walther barrel ?

724wd

so, i am researching 6mm Rem barrels, and i know you guys put a lot of stock behind Lothar Walther, but does LW have barrel blanks in .243 (6mm)? on their website, i only saw reference to threaded and chambered barrels, and not a 6mm Rem in sight. i have heard a few of you talk about special ordering, what kind of price am i looking at?

this is for my yugo 24/47 antelope slayer. i have been polishing the bottom metal while i work out how to finance this thing.

i probably asked this question on the EZ site....it doesnt remember, and neither do I!

thanks

heath

LW has 6mm (243) blanks. Why not email them directly? I'm pretty sure they can chamber in it even if it isn't listed in their art 72* series barrels.

Guest LW Pricing on Blanks

I can save you the trouble, pricing direct from Lothar Walther:

.243 contoured blank normal steel in the white (any contour) $233

Threads add $35

Crown add $30

Chamber add $45

There is a finished barrel in .243 Win available from us for $189.99 but don't think that is what you are looking for

Hope everyone has a good holiday.

James

Sporter Express

james@sporterexpress.com

bidding.....waiting.....wondering how to sneak it past the wife..... blink.giflaugh.gif

EDIT: went ahead and bought it at the buy it now price. what the hell, only $10 bucks difference. still wondering how to sneak it in the house....

still wondering how to sneak it in the house....

3534[/snapback]

Don''t know about a barrel. I've always (back in my married days) would leave with five to go shooting or horse trading at a gun show and return with six. X-wife # 2 was a cop and it was a little more difficult, she knew the difference between a Mauser and Winchester, to #1 all guns looked alike.

well, i have it made there, my wife thinks they all look a like. but that is also the problem. "they're all the same thing." rolleyes.gif so i am having the barrel delivered to my office. it may stick past the top of my bag a little, but if i do it right, she'll never notice. biggrin.gif she didnt see the buick heads, connecting rods and pulleys that materialized in the garage....yet blink.gif God help me if she does...