Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Spring!

ken98k

I'm so glad March is over.

The weather finally broke here in the interior. We had 50 degrees today! :rolleyes:

I'm sure we'll still have some cold weather and most likely more snow but the worst is over.

I'm so glad March is over.

The weather finally broke here in the interior. We had 50 degrees today! :rolleyes:

I'm sure we'll still have some cold weather and most likely more snow but the worst is over.

The last two days it snowed in the morning and was 60 by midday. My kids said it looked like God had spread powdered sugar on the ground. It was true.

50 what the hell kenny we only hit low 40's on the kenai

From now through the end of september, the Interior is the where its at (weatherwise) :P

Mornings have been nice the last few days around here. Up to about 40. Can't stay nice and sunshine all day though. Have to have clouds and wind before I get a chance to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

Suppose to be near 80 here in Norte Tejas today with thunderstorms,hail and tornados.Makes sense,there's 1,000's of travel trailers and motorhomes out at Texas Motor Speedway.Looks like the cotton-picken wind is going to blow from now on.I read once where a Yankee stopped in Amarillo to get gas,and it was all he could do to stand there and pump gas with the wind blowing him around.He ask an old rancher on the other pump if the wind always blew like this here,and the rancher just looked at him and said "no,it blowed from that direction yesterday"! Jerry

Finally decided to get nice around here. 50's for about 3 days. Most of the snow was gone, got the yard raked, got out the kids bikes and woke up to this this morning.

312118892.jpg

312118879.jpg

About a foot. Church was cancelled, a bunch of people around the area without power.

Good news, the house is warm, the kids are down for naps, wife made sugar cookies and a loaf of bread, baked pork chops and mashed taters for supper. Looks like a good day.

wow odies dad, looks like you better put those bikes away for a while. Its beautiful here, around 70's and no rain! I went out a little bit ago to take a break from the books, took my pistol up in the woods and searched around for a few good places to hang my bow stand this year. Man its so nice outside, groundhogs are out and i've been shooting up the ammo at them :D Even saw my buddy, the grouse, hes still alive and well, he used to follow me every morning to my deer stand then go on his merry way. now back to the books.... :(

Brenden

We wound up with about 2 feet total. This is the biggest snowfall of the winter. Schools are closed today. I didn't bring my schedule home so I have to go into work. Hope I make it OK. Pretty sure noone will show up, but I need to be there anyway.

The neighbor plowed out our driveway yesterday, but you can't tell where he's been now. Glad I'm driving the Jeep.

Edit

Shoveled my wat out to the Jeep. Snow is up to the door. I also noticed a tree across my driveway. I guess I'm not going to work today. I just hope my patients call before they drive in.

We had a warm Sunday.My pee-cup said 90 degrees,but it runs a little high,and I got a sunburn.I bet the folks out at Texas Motor Speedway cooked.I took this week off,and am going to tear the back half of the roof on the old barn I'm restoring,so I really hope the rains hold off until I get it in the dry.Those are some beautiful pics Odies,but I know your bound to be ready for spring.I really don't enjoy spring as much as I should,because I dread July and August so much.Jerry

We wound up with about 2 feet total. This is the biggest snowfall of the winter. Schools are closed today. I didn't bring my schedule home so I have to go into work. Hope I make it OK. Pretty sure noone will show up, but I need to be there anyway.

The neighbor plowed out our driveway yesterday, but you can't tell where he's been now. Glad I'm driving the Jeep.

Edit

Shoveled my wat out to the Jeep. Snow is up to the door. I also noticed a tree across my driveway. I guess I'm not going to work today. I just hope my patients call before they drive in.

Ya, it was a short spring here. It's turned cold again on saturday and has been snowing but no real accumulation.

Down close to zero this morning.

We had a typical Texas spring night last night.At 1:30 am it thundered,started raining,and the hailing.I ran out and drove my pickup to the barn that has only a half roof on it,and got part of it under roof,and put plywood on the hood and windshield.Marble size hail covered the ground and looked like a snowy night when lightning flashed.I'm restoring the barn and was hoping to have the roof done before something like this happened,but persha,to no avail.Now I have a muddy mess to work around.After it stopped hailing,I headed back to the house and turned on the weather channel,and it said the hail was headed towards Grapevine,and I thought,"hang on ShooterTom",your next.Jerry

We had another Texas spring night.Terrible wind lightning,hail and tornadoes.Houses lost roofs,lots of power outages,cars totaled out by baseball size hail,and jillions of trees were blown down.The ground is so saturated,my septic system is in-op.I think this is the first time I've ever seen schools closed the day after a storm.The news just reported there are no injuries,so that's way good.I feel for the folks in Arkansas and Missouri,'cause it's headed their way.Jerry

We had another Texas spring night.Terrible wind lightning,hail and tornadoes.Houses lost roofs,lots of power outages,cars totaled out by baseball size hail,and jillions of trees were blown down.The ground is so saturated,my septic system is in-op.I think this is the first time I've ever seen schools closed the day after a storm.The news just reported there are no injuries,so that's way good.I feel for the folks in Arkansas and Missouri,'cause it's headed their way.Jerry

10 above and just started snowing hard!

We are supposed to get hit again tonight. Another 12-18 inches. I'm still not cleaned out from that last mess. The ground is too soft to plow the snow and it won't warm up long enough to get it melted off. Stuff melts down aways and turns to slosh and refreezes. Nasty stuff to drive through in the mornings.

You'd think you Northern cats would get enough of the snow and move somewhere global warming is happenening.Somebody wrote a book on it,so it should tell you where you could go.Jerry

• 3 weeks later...