Military Firearm Restoration Corner

One Of The Top Two Pictures I've Ever Taken

FC

I have owned over a dozen Canon cameras over time, beginning with an A1, then Ftbn, F1, and a spate of Sureshots and Elphs.

I am currently shooting a Canon Rebel XTi -- my first digital Canon! The lens quality is surprisingly good, and I am well-pleased with the images.

It is funny that most of the shots that I have posted in tutorials were made with a 3.2 mp Lumix, often using lower resolution. A camera doesn't have to have all the resolution in the world to be fine for internet digitals!

Your shot shows really exceptional use of backlighting. Keep up the good work!

Clemson

I wish I had Adobe Photosuite, or whatever that expensive program is called. I'd like to eliminate the black in the right upper corner. I've got a really old Jasc Photoshop program.

As soon as I saw that flower I said, "I've got to hurry and get my camera and get this picture." I'm sure I looked silly out the window of the chow hall snapping pictures from underneath the bush. It really looks nice as my desktop. I missed one picture yesterday. I can see the crater where our housing is plain as day from our 6th story windows. There was a huge rainbow (very frequent in Hawaii). Here you can see where the rainbows end (nope, no gold there).

I don't know those lenses you use, but you are better with cameras, that's clear.

Great picture!! I was never any good with nature photography but did pretty good with people and girly head shots. I'm still in the dark ages as my preferred equipment is Pentax negative equipment. My hand-held flash equipment and a couple of manual focus lenses are close to 40 years old. Just my opinion but I feel like digital photography will ruin photography as an art form. Back lighting, shadows and color can be added, removed or altered on a computer. Long gone are the days when a b&W photographer would stand by for hours waiting for the sun to cast a shadow just right or the color photographer to wait for sky to overcast, clear or the sun set.

In my single days I used to do weddings for a hundred and the reception for another 50 over the cost of film and processing. I would jack the price up a little on Sundays and holidays. Not only would I pick up a few extra no tax, cash bucks, weddings are by far the easiest place on the planet to score.

I have owned over a dozen Canon cameras over time, beginning with an A1, then Ftbn, F1, and a spate of Sureshots and Elphs. Clemson

I've still got the old Canon AT-1. Haven't used it for years but it was a great camera to learn the basics with. I've come close to selling it on Ebay a few times but always back out at the last minute as I just don't want to part company with it. I have the 1.2, 50 MM lens that is great for non-flash and b&w pictures.

Wow, thanks for fixing the picture!

What's sad is by the time I could afford a 35mm they were just about obsolete.

There are plenty selling for dirt cheap on Ebay, plenty of lenses as well. The processor can put all the pictures on a disc if you want them on your computer.

Here is an example. I paid apx 700 for the camera body only back in the dark ages when similar single lens reflex digital cameras were selling for apx 20 grand. Deals can also be had on Canon and Minolta as well but the lenses aren't as cheaply priced as Pentax.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentax-PZ-1-with-Penta...1QQcmdZViewItem

I invested a small fortune on flashes and studio lights that do little or nothing for digital pictures. I haven't had my studio lights out of the carry case for a few years. An auxiliary slave flash on a digital will do just as good and you don't have to deal with all the cords.