Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Chinese 98's

Brenden

I've been seeing a few china 98's on gunbroker for a price that would fit my wallet. Are these pretty deicent guns for a sporter project?

Brenden

I've been seeing a few china 98's on gunbroker for a price that would fit my wallet. Are these pretty deicent guns for a sporter project?

Brenden

It depends on whish chinese 98's you're talking about. Mauser company sold thousands of 98's to China as did FN, and BRNO.

Any of those would be fine for sporters.

I would avoid the Chinese made 98's.

i've been finding a few Borno made mausers as well. good looking guns. I may try to sneak in and get one off gunbroker, whats a decient price for one? i don't really want to give $250 (buy it now price) for one, unless i can make some back on the stock and hardware. Just trying to find an action for my 338-06 project. The china rifles i looked at were china made, I'll keep an eye out for a fn or or borno made china rifle.

Brenden

Hes going to build them for osama bin laden since he contracted clemson to build some custom sporters in 460 weatherby mag so he wants them chinese 98 quality actions so they will be nice and safe when the raghead fires them. Catch my Drift? :rolleyes:

Rod, I only do the Mudken Arsenal conversions for Osama. B)

By the way, there is a great article in the latest American Rifleman about a program to sabotage munitions during the Vietnam war.

Brenden, keep your eyes open for a BRNO.

Clemson