Military Firearm Restoration Corner

And Then It All Went To #$%@!

donmarkey

Trying to get some projects done and I almost got this action recontoured and then poof! There when the power. I blew out the speed control in mill. It put me in the dark as it took out the main breaker to the shop also. After I got the lights back on I found a bad control board. Now I'll have to make a trip to the electronics shop to get a new diode and rebuilt it before I can remove it from the mill to continue the work. And I only had about 5 more passes to do. :( See the second diode on the left, at least I think it's a diode, it's been years since I messed with this kind of stuff.

-Don

turk03004.jpg

turk03005.jpg

you talking about those little black w/ grey stripped things If you are then yes those are low current high voltage probly around 200volt and 1.5 amperers..you can get them at radio shack..they are'nt expencive at all.

you talking about those little black w/ grey stripped things If you are then yes those are low current high voltage probly around 200volt and 1.5 amperers..you can get them at radio shack..they are'nt expencive at all.

No the larger ones with the heat sinks the recifier type. But cheap they are $1.41 each online. It makes me feel alittle better. D4015L hopefully I can find one locally.

-Don

Funny thing is the maunal says D4015L rectifier which is a standard stock item, but the part is label D6015L52 which is special order and a scr thyristor. What is the difference?

-Don

*EDIT*

Answered my own ? it's just the voltage rating. 400-600.

Could have been worse.

The action could have been ruined as it is a trip to radio shack and you are good to go.

karl

You're right there! I passed the board off to a friend at work today and he said he'll change the scr and check everything else out this weekend. Some times things work out, I didn't even have to look for my soldering iron. As for the action Kenny, would you believe me if I said it's a turk?

-Don

You're right there! I passed the board off to a friend at work today and he said he'll change the scr and check everything else out this weekend. Some times things work out, I didn't even have to look for my soldering iron. As for the action Kenny, would you believe me if I said it's a turk?

-Don

I didn't think 93 because the recoil lug appears different than a 93.