Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Found An Old Friend Today

This might sound strange but I was beyond thrilled finding this today. I've been cussing every time I needed it for 5 years. These pliers are perfect for reloading die bodys and the round rings. It gets a nice firm grip and doesn't slip. It was buried on the bottom of a box of brass. I had assumed it took a trip as many of my tools have. My sons barrow them but always forget where they got them.

aaa-pliers.jpg

I can almost read the makers name on the pliers,and if I could,I'd start looking around and see if I couldn't find me a pair like that.They do look handy with the round jaws.Jerry

Fly it looks like an initial or possibly two like P Danielson co, Jamestown NY. Not certain of the P, might be JP or JR but the Danielson is still legible. Don't recall where I got them, most likely from a flea market or yard sale. Back in the early 70's when I sold hand tools Williams and Bonney (if they are still in business) had about the best selection of various pliers. There was another manufacture with an American Indian type name that I just can't pull out of the gray matter that catered to machinists and factorys that had every type of oddball and specialty type pliers one can imagine but the prices were crazy.

I love to go through boxes of loose tools at flea markets, never know what you might find. Nowadays unless your buying Snap-on or MATCO hard to beat the quality of the US manufactured hand tools made post WW2 to about 1975. Before first Japan, then Taiwan and finally Red China destroyed the market and shut down dam near all US tool co's. It all started with Jimmy Carter's boycott of South Africa and Rhodesia and US tool companies couldn't buy chrome.

I see what I can come up with.Don't reckon I ever heard of Danielson Co. Now Williamson and Bonney is a different story.I have a set of Bonney end wrenches and a bunch of Williams ignition wrenches and lots of Williams 1/4'' drive sockets.I have some Craftsman stuff so old,Craftsman is stamped in kinda Greek looking letters.The old tools were so much slimmer.Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
Jimmy Carter's boycott of South Africa and Rhodesia and US tool companies couldn't buy chrome.

Carter...gad...is there ANYTHING that fool did not screw up as president???

karl

Carter...gad...is there ANYTHING that fool did not screw up as president???

karl

Not that I can think of.