Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Latest Project

roscoedoh

This is a woodworking project so I put in this forum.

I started this over a year ago, set it down, picked it back up, set it down, moved, got too cold, etc... This cabinet has been a long way in completion.

Some of you may remember last year when I was asking about dorm fridges and circulating water through them to cool off an aquarium. Well, I designed this cabinet to be an aquarium stand and house said dorm fridge. I have long since abandoned the refrigerator idea, but the design remains unchanged.

Here tis:

AquariumCabinet001.jpg

I went all out this time and used oak veneer plywood and oak lumber for the trim.

AquariumCabinet002.jpg

I also put a formica counter top on it.

AquariumCabinet003.jpg

I post this as a work in progress because I just bought lumber to make the doors. Once those are done and installed, I'll post a completed photo. I'll also admit that I have a long way to go before I can touch any of Tony's work, but I'm kinda enjoying working with wood. I'm trying outfit my house and need new furniture. I can still make it cheaper than I can buy it and I won't be limited to someone else's design.

Just thought I'd share.

Looks good. Now you have an excuse....Err......Reason......to buy new tools.

The way a lot of the furniture that is shipped in from china is being made, you'll justify buying the tools and taking time to make good furniture. It will last a lot longer. It's surprising how much of the imported stuff is particle board with a laminate that is not always wood over the top.

Hat's off to you for tackling this project. Wood is GREAT! Love it.