Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Anyone Collect Models?

cold shot

Dave here, just thought I'd share a few pics of 1 of many models I've collected..This is the Snap-On bike made by Orange County Choppers on TV.

IM000084.jpg

IM000085.jpg

IM000086.jpg

IM000087.jpg

IM000088.jpg

IM000089.jpg

Hope the pics are ok..

Here is a few more of the collectables

IM000091.jpg

IM000092.jpg

IM000093.jpg

IM000094.jpg

IM000095.jpg

IM000096.jpg

The wood ammo is made from English Walnut by my brother in law..Yes there is 2 "live" 50cal BMG rounds

:lol: thanks jerry, That is only 1/5th of the collectables I have. Have 2 5 shelf bookshelves with models rangeing from dragtsers to funny cars,

classic trucks,38 motorcycles,muscle cars.Been collecting for about 15 years now, Have no idea how much I've spent. but It's in the neighborhood

of around 15 mausers...give or take a few....Glad ya like em..Dave

Neat stuff. But the second last picture broke me up. A Rat Fink in a hot rod. I thought I was the only goofball walkin that still remembers Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. I had a bunch of his shirts and built a few models of his customs. Rat Finks - oh my freekin God.

Ron

Rat Finks - oh my freekin God.

Ron

Cool models, gotta agree with Ron the rat fink model is pretty cool. I got sent home from high school about 65 or 66 for wearing a Rat Fink t-shirt that said "69% fewer cavities with Coors". By the time I got home my mother was really pissed. At first my mom thought it was cute shirt but when the jerk principal called, he told her to ask me the meaning of the 69.

I survived the Rat Fink years too.Wasn't that the name of the biker gang in the beach party movie with Frankie Avavlon and Anette Funchelo.Buddy Hacket was the leader.Coffee is kicking in.His name was Eric Von Zipper.I too remember Big Daddy Roth,and Big Daddy Don Gartlits,the Orange Crate,Little Red Wagon,Blue Max,Gene Snow the Snow Man,and The Snuff Box.Thanks for the flashbacks Dave.I reckon that's the main purpose of collecting.I have something I sure would like to see on your shelf,and all you'd have to do is send me a PM with your adress.I don't collect,and my stuff is sh_t,and everyones sh_t is stuff around here. Jerry