Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Cruise Night Honolulu

FC

Loved the 55 Pontiac pic. When I was 16 my brother gave me his 56 Pontiac. It had an unusual 4 speed automatic and with the low gear ratio 1st and 2nd gears I could just about beat anything across an intersection. After the second to third gear shift the 316 cid engine wasn't all that gutsy but from 0-45 it was as quick as a 50's Vette.

I liked that car too. It's for sale, but I didn't see a price on the sign. I loved the 30s cars the best, esp. the copper colored one.

It was at Bob's Big Boy Restaurant. I got directed into the parking lot with the "hotrods". My 07 Mustang GT was the only modern car in there, so I felt out of place. Mine is really fast from a stop too. I have a 4:10 rear end, aluminum driveshaft, premium computer tune, cold air intake, upgraded suspension, and headers. It's an automatic, which makes sense in this awful traffic. I have to really watch when I gun it, because if I'm in a curve or turn I'd lose it.

thanks FC for the post on classics. we have a cruise night here too. lotta customs and low riders..Have ya

had the stang on the track yet? wonderin what she'll do in the 1/4!! ...Dave

Darned thing is that the track here closed down a few years before I got here. Too bad. Rough guess is I can do at least 105-108 in a quarter. When I'm driving along and really mash the pedal, I get a two second delay, it shifts to first, and WOOSH! All of a sudden I'm down range.