Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Tany's Classic Car

cold shot

Hi folks, thought I would share one of my daughter Tanya's vehicles.

It's a 1955 Hudson Hornet Hollyood w/continential kit. The assy plant

invoice shows it's the 67th car off the assy line ...The car was my daughter's

15th B-Day gift from mom and I. We still need to restore the outside but college

got in the way. Hope these pics lets you reminise from days gone by...Dave

IM000103.jpg

IM000108.jpg

IM000104.jpg

IM000106.jpg

IM000105.jpg

yeah Dave, she's aruuner. Got a 320cid packard v8 w/ 4 sp twin turbine auto w/ od. fully enclosed driveline,

this this from a standstill can lite em up.The front seats' backs lay down into a bed to the weirry traveler.

In the back it has a fold down center console for a armrest/table..She pulls the 8,000ft hills here with no problems.

My daughter loves the car. The folks in town thinks it's so cool..Dave

High School friend of mine had one about 66 or 67. He got it dirt cheap off of an elderly couple with low mileage. I remember it had allot of guts but being a typical teenager with a lead foot it took him about a year to destroy it. Best I recall he blew either the tranny or differential and couldn't find the parts he needed. He raced me against my 57 Ford convertible with a 292 and left me like I was sitting still.

When I worked in the auto parts business in the late 60's and early 70's parts for Hudsons along with Crosleys and Ramblers were a nightmare to identify and locate. Couldn't imagine how difficult it might be today.