Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Cougar

724wd

These were sent to me by a friend. Taken less than a mile from my dad's house. The email originated with a man named Tom Darnell, whom I do not know. This IS walla walla, and i could almost tell you where on Blue Creek. man, what a beautiful cat!

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

heath

WHOA!! Cool pics. I've seen a Cougar in the wild twice in my life but no where near close or long enough for a camera or rifle shot. One I saw about 20 years ago stopped traffic on a highway. It was standing on a rock, top of mountain about 3-400 yards of the highway. Everybody including 18 wheelers stopped to look. The other one I saw while 4-wheeling on our way to Javalina hunting. As soon as we stopped it was gone.

Those are some good pictures.I've never seen a cougar in the wild.Where I hunt on the Mexican border,they have a problem with too many of them and they're screwing up the deer numbers,but I've still not seen one.One dude plunked at one way out of range a few years back,but missed. Jerry