Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Field Report

Brenden

Well its that wonderful time of the year again. Snow is falling and gun shots sound like music to my ears. Bow season went well, passed up many bucks as usual looking for the big one, he didn't come close enough. But i did kill a nice doe with my car!! $1300 worth of damage :angry: . well gun season opened up yesturday, and it sucked. Rain all day monday, passed up a small 8pt, as well as a small 6pt. Today, it poured down the snow like crazy. passed up another small 6-7pt (couldn't see a brow-tine). Then about noon, i saw a nice buck about 300 yards away, no prob for the 7mag but Too much brush though. Then about 1:30, all of a sudden he appeared again about 130 yards. The 7mag came out the blind, and bam!!!!!!! And he didn't fall. I was scared, thought i made a bad shot. Went and looked where i shot him and there laid his lungs, but no blood after that. But there he lay about 50 yards from where i shot, dead as can be. A nice 8pt, best buck i've taken in a while. I'll have some pictures up pretty soon to show. That 7mag may be a little much for wv deer, but where i hunt, the shots have a way of getting long, up to about 400 yards in one area. So its nice to have a little extra "umph" when it gets there. Hope all are having luck and stay safe.

Brenden

here is some pics of my monster. lol. the gun is a t/c 7mm mag. Load is federal brass, 63 grains of imr 4831 and a 140 flat base sierria seated to an OAL of 3.219. And theres also a pic of my girl in there too. ;)

hey man! that's a nice deer! twice as big as the one i shot this year. i didn't even photo the "trophy" portion of it!

and, i don't know how to tell you this, but your girl seems to be getting awfully chummy with some goofy lookin dude! i'd put a stop to that immediately! she's too cute to let such a looser near!

heath :lol:

Thanks guyes. I was pretty happy with the deer. now i'm horn hunting, that one was for meat. Yeah her eye site must suck. lol. Shes killed a few deer but pretty much got out of it. I'm gonna try to take her doe hunting this year with me. I need a good hunting buddy.

Brenden

Hey Brenden, nice buck...She looks very comfy if ya know what I mean. Your girl that is....Glad ya had a good hunt..Dave