Military Firearm Restoration Corner

New Toy!

AzRednek

Couldn't resist for only 160, with sales tax 172. Got it at today's gunshow off of J&G's table. Absolute madness at the gunshow, largest gunshow crowd I've ever seen. Dealers took advantage of the high traffic and jacked up prices big time on black rifles and high capacity mag handguns.

pol-1.jpg

pol-2.gif

pol-3.gif

AZ, the PPK styled Polish 64 looks to be a nice pistol. Looks real compact. I just hate the oddball 9MM Makarov cartridge requiring .364 bullets. That's what has kept me from getting one of the C&R CZ-82's that J&G has offered. Too bad someone doesn't offer a standard 9MM replacement barrel for these weapons.

Did you see any of their VZ-24 rifles? Just wondering what condition they are in. I'd hate to get one if they're pitted under the wood, as some are. Thanks for the pics.

Spiris

i've been carrying my P-64 daily for a year or so now. i love it. compact, steel frame, hides well. yes, the 9x18 is a pisser to find, but midway has a good selection. i am currently packing pow'r ball in it. however, i did just purchase a kahr .40, so the 9x18 will probably be relegated to summer or night stand duty. they shoot well. recoil is pretty sharp, but manageable. my pistol is also fairly accurate. good purchase!

heath

i've been carrying my P-64 daily for a year or so now. i love it. compact, steel frame, hides well. yes, the 9x18 is a pisser to find, but midway has a good selection. i am currently packing pow'r ball in it. however, i did just purchase a kahr .40, so the 9x18 will probably be relegated to summer or night stand duty. they shoot well. recoil is pretty sharp, but manageable. my pistol is also fairly accurate. good purchase!

heath

J&G always has a good supply and selection of 9X18 at gunshows. My biggest complaint is the hassle keeping the brass separate from 9MM Luger.

Did you see any of their VZ-24 rifles? Just wondering what condition they are in. I'd hate to get one if they're pitted under the wood, as some are. Thanks for the pics.

Spiris

No Spiris I didn't get a chance to look at it. The crowd was overwhelming at J&G's table. I did get a look at two Russian captured K98's. The ones they had on display looked pretty good but it is always a gamble that the one they pull out of the box will be much different. Call them during the week when they are not busy and they might honestly answer you. On weekends their show room is jammed and they are not very generous with their time.