Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ak-47 Parts Kit?

ken98k

I used to know where to get'em for $189/e. But that was prior to the new Messiah's election. I don't know if you'd find a kit right now anywhere.

For that matter, I'm not sure you'll find kits of any kind anywhere right now. You can't find AR kits anywhere for any price right now; everyone's buying like mad at the moment.

Kenny,

Somebody has US made AK barrels. If I understand things correctly, Bush II banned the importation of barrels so all the parts kits entering the country currently come with no barrels. However, that has not slowed Century, Centerfire, and the other companies manufacturing AK's for the milsurp market. Therefore, there's got to be some barrels for sale somewhere in the US.

Or heck man, now that I think about it, AK barrels are press fit into the trunnion, I'd bet you could turn a blank down if you had the dimensions. You'd probably end up with a more accurate than usual AK. (I don't recall if you have a lathe or not.)

I'd say that if you've got the kit and a receiver, you're well on your way.

-Jason

They want like $380 for a Romy. And that's that only place I've seen that has any at all. I even looked at a couple of places that had adds in SGN and they are sold out. Makes you wish you would have bought a couple hundred of them when they were $100 each with bbls. Would have done a bit better than the stock market.

These used to sell for $180 and at the time I thought that was a little high (18 months ago).

Heck, FAL kits in mint condition were $150 in '06. You're lucky to see one in mint condition for under $500 now.

It sucks being young and broke most of the time with an interest in firearms. Seems the good ole days has passed...

"Seems the good ole days has passed... " been hearing this for 30 years....we all wish we had bought more over the years..

prices of late have gone crazey...looks like ammo is the next thing to take off...

getting back to the thread ....several ak kits on GB ..