Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Range Report

AzRednek

Couldn't have asked for a better deal on a $170 handgun. Six rounds of brass cased S&B and a 50 round box of Wolf steel cased without a single malfunction. The double action pull borders on ridicules but the single action pull is absolutely excellent. On a silhouette target at 25 yards I had no problems grouping center mass on single action shots. Double action went high and way right. If you're shooting reloadable brass you will need help. It tosses empties violently in all directions.

The solid steel handgun's weight feels a little cumbersome in my pocket. I'm used to carrying a light weight Titanium 38 Sp snubby revolver. If one can deal with the weight this handgun would be ideal for legal concealed carry. It fits nicely in my SUV's center console.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/ha...roducts_id/2453

thread with pictures

glad you like it! you get used to the weight after a while. i love mine, too, but will be substituting my new kahr CW .40 once broken in. ammo is just too difficult to find for the 9x18. i want to reload and bullet selection is poor. fun little guns, arent they?

heath

glad you like it! you get used to the weight after a while. i love mine, too, but will be substituting my new kahr CW .40 once broken in. ammo is just too difficult to find for the 9x18. i want to reload and bullet selection is poor. fun little guns, arent they?

heath

You're right it is a fun little gun, kind of a snappy recoil that feels like it has more oomph than my 38 snubby. If I can accumulate enough reloadable brass, I'll try casting some of the oddball sized bullet. Lee has one style mould available for the 9X18 and I might try my luck opening up a 9MM (.355) mold. I haven't slugged the bore yet but have read to expect a bore size of .359-.361.

Whatever you do, don't break it!

I lost the extractor to my PA-63 and it took me a month to find the parts!

These are good little pistols aren't they? Heck of a value for what you get.