Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Merry Christmas To All You Lead Slingers

Horsefly

I know I haven't offered much to our board this year,but I've taken a lot from you cats,and just wanted to say in some cute way how much I've enjoyed having this place to go too during my quiet time.Aint nothing like setting here at 4:30am with a cup of coffee and checking on you dudes to see if your behaving or if you've come up with new projects.We've had deaths,births,close calls,new marriages,lost jobs,new jobs,and we went through all that together.Thank ya'll for putting up with my hillbilly rantings.The past 2 years I've done a complete gut-out remodel on this 2,400 sq.ft. house,and then started on restoring my 45x50 barn that I wish I had torn down now,and built new.The tack room is going to be my gun room,and I'm close to being finished,if there's such a thing,and will get back to my gun work.Man I let projects pile up.I have 2 35Whelens on VZ24 actions to finish,2 Swede sporters to stock,a .270 to blue and stock,a Geha and a 1/2 to restore,a Jap 99 in '06 to finish,a .22-250 to stock,and a Winchester 1906 .22 pump to restore.Thats not counting stuff that can weight.A guy at work wants me to build him a .308,and a lady co-worker wants a .243.Wish they wanted something that would have less feeding problems.Sorry about having diarrhea mouth.I just wanted to say Merry Christmas fellers. Jerry

A Very merry xmas from our hut to yours too. Like Horsefly, had some good times and some bad times.We wish everyone here a better next yearand a happier one too... thanks for puttin up with this ol' fart too...Dave

I appreciate all you "cats" as well. Thx Fly for bringing this up. It has been a tough year for me after several rounds of chemo and a stem cell transplant. Numerous times via a lap top from my hospital bed I headed directly to this group after checking my email. Have to admit it was a secure feeling hooking up to the outside world to people I know even though I wouldn't know any of you if we crossed paths in public. I apologize for any of my chemo brain, Oxy laced posts and appreciate you guys putting up with me. Merry Christmas to all!!

Merry Christmas fellas.

The Hippy is cooking, the cat is purring and we have a neighbor's tom cat that moved into the garage to get out of the rain. Not a lot of new gun projects right now. I am kinda happy with the Ole collection and new stuff here in Cali is at prices that would make only a dealer happy.

Still, there is a show next week...

My hat is off to Jerry, home repair and restoration is or can be a real pain and my house is a lot smaller so more power to you sir.

flaco..Merry Christmas brother.

Az. Redneck.Glad to here things are going better, if you wish, I will ask the Hippy for some health food cures for you.

strait shooter..Merry Christmas.

Walnut..have a fine Christmas.

To FC and Jimro and all our brothers and sisters past and present

Merry Christmas

Karl

Merry Christmas fellas.

The Hippy is cooking, the cat is purring and we have a neighbor's tom cat that moved into the garage to get out of the rain. Not a lot of new gun projects right now. I am kinda happy with the Ole collection and new stuff here in Cali is at prices that would make only a dealer happy.

Still, there is a show next week...

My hat is off to Jerry, home repair and restoration is or can be a real pain and my house is a lot smaller so more power to you sir.

flaco..Merry Christmas brother.

Az. Redneck.Glad to here things are going better, if you wish, I will ask the Hippy for some health food cures for you.

strait shooter..Merry Christmas.

Walnut..have a fine Christmas.

To FC and Jimro and all our brothers and sisters past and present

Merry Christmas

Karl

Merry Christmas to all MFRCers!

I've just been sitting indoors lately waiting for the snow to melt! It makes me a bit grumpy not having a chance to shoot when on holidays. My range is at the end of a road with a 23% grade and not passable in snow or ice, so I'm a bit jealous of my southern brothers. I'll get over it, though!

"My range is at the end of a road with a 23% grade and not passable in snow or ice,"

CG.

Not a problem..you get a K-31 or a Mosin..: ) gotta have the right rifle for snow.

Some Arctic and Alpine gear: climbing boots, an ice ax hammer and pitons , a keg of brandy and you are good to go.

http://www.mtntools.com/cat/rclimb/bolts/02pitons.htm.

I will guard the Brandy.

Merry Christmas

Karl

Merry Christmas!

I've been out of commission for awhile, but am getting back.

Got a couple squirrels in the backyard and so squirrel tacos are on the menu!

Peace to all (except those who mean innocents harm).

DT

merry christmas all! just finished a king crab, scampi and ham dinner... nice and traditional! 3 feet of snow and another predicted... we've got the white christmas thing down! glad to be a part of this group!

heath

Merry Christmas to you all. I really appericate the ones that have sort of taken me under their wing and helped me through my various re-loading and gun building problems. Thanks to all and hope everyone stays safe, and prayers for Rob and his family.

Brenden

Merry Christmas fellas.

..Merry Christmas brother.

To all our brothers and sisters past and present

Merry Christmas

Karl

Merry Christmas to all my brothers and any sisters that may be lurking.

We may throw a harsh word back and forth on occasion as brothers will have occasion to do.

All things considered this group does look out for each other ( not letting someone screw up and helping

freely ) and treat each other like brothers.

There is no other place like this.

All of you collectively make this place special.

Merry Christmas Brothers!

Tinker ;)

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. It's over for another year, but we remain Brothers of the Gun 365 days of the year. Thanks to FC, we have a place to hang out and share our triumphs and tragedies.

We now face another challenge to our way of life with the incoming administration. We need to be even more vigilant and politically active to preserve our RKBA.

May God bless you all.

Spiris

merry christmas all! just finished a king crab, scampi and ham dinner... nice and traditional! 3 feet of snow and another predicted... we've got the white christmas thing down! glad to be a part of this group!

heath

Heath I'm headed to your house next year for the King Crab and Scampi!!