Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Here It Comes

ken98k

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Kenny and AK. How's the weather up there now?

Funny you should ask today. During the warm chinook that came through we broke some high temperature records. I saw +50 but I think some places got even warmer.

After that it dropped down to 0 to +5 for the last week or so, then last night the temp dropped back down to -40.

The weatherman has promissed this cold snap wont be as severe as the last one.

Kenny

Hope the van is up and going again.

How do you do with the darkness during winter months? Do you use full spectrum lighting for part of the day? The gloomy days here get me enough that I'm tempted to try a full spectrum bulb at my desk. I don't know if I could handle it that far north.

Hope the van is up and going again.

How do you do with the darkness during winter months? Do you use full spectrum lighting for part of the day? The gloomy days here get me enough that I'm tempted to try a full spectrum bulb at my desk. I don't know if I could handle it that far north.

Yup, got the service van back on line.

I don't really mind the dark all that much except I think it sometimes causes insomnia and as I get older the headlights from oncoming traffic bothers me a lot more.

A lot of people I know (mostly women) go to tanning salons and claim it it helps with the long darkness.

But, theres light at the end of the tunnel!

February is the month with the greatest increase in daylight. :P