Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Am I The Only One Here That's Been Sick?

Horsefly

New Years Eve I knew I was in for it when I got a sore throat,snotty nose,and headache,and just this morning,I'm feeling better.My wife gave me pure hell for not getting a flu shot,but this morning she's down with it.The first of Dec.,while hunting on the border,one of the dudes came down with it,my friends Dad that was with us had just gotten over it,and another cat called home,and his wife had it.I was just wondering if it's something nationwide,or a North Tejas thing.It's been around this part of the world now a month,and I sure thought I missed it.Manureman Jim sent me an email,and he mentioned just getting over a bout of pnuemonia,and I can sure see how this stuff could turn into that.He lives in Missouri,but now drives a truck all over the country. Jerry

I haven't gotten sick yet...but it'll probably be my turn soon. The office I work in is like a daycare. When one person gets sick, they carry it to work with them, and share it with everyone else.

There's been some upper respiratory crud going around, bout the same what you've got.

In the past when I came down with that, Theraflu night time did me well. That and Sudafed 12 hour.

Hope you get to feelin' better Jerry. Bein' sick sucks.

-Jason

Thanks Jason! I'm better.Going on 10 days now,but yesterday,put in a full day working on my barn,so I must be on the road.The headache and sore throat is gone,but I'm still hawking up crap that would gag a buzzard on a gut wagon.SO,it's in North and East Tex.,Washington State,West Virginia,California,and Kentucky.

Bad news Tony! My wife and Dad both had flu shots,and both are down with this crud right now.Maybe your so far away you'll miss it.Didn't you come home for the holidays? Yipes Jerry

I am very skeptical about some of the vaccines being produced. A close friend of mine got her flu shot and had a reaction at the injection site with swelling and discoloration. Within a week she was suffering with flu symptoms and her doctor suggested that she not get any more flu shots in the future.

Another friend received a routine pneumonia shot and in a week he was suffering the worst sickness that he had felt in more than 20 years. To say the least, he says he will not get any more inoculations in the future either.

It is more beneficial in my mind, to practice old fashioned cleanliness routines. Wash your hands, disinfect common items such as telephones and such. I've never had a flu shot, and will maintain that record.

I hope everyone is feeling better and suffer no ill effects from it.

Spiris

Jerry, it's all over California, too. My wife and I were sick the entire month of December. It just kept morphing from one thing into another as you seemed to be getting well.

Doc can probably explain what that's all about.

Anyway, settle down and don't plan on doing much for a while. It is going to be your self-identity and personal companion for three or four weeks and it will be different every few days.

Enjoy. Another gift from Asia.

Brad

No complaints from me, I'm still breathing!! I'm currently taking so dam many pills I don't think the flu virus stands a rat's chance in my bloodstream. After getting a strong lecture from the good Dr about slowing down I'm scared shootless of crowds. Couldn't tell if he was a good actor or really pissed. Dr literally chewed my ass up one side and down the other for going Christmas shopping in a crowded mall and still sneaking an occasional cigarette.

Jerry,

I spoke too soon I guess. I started the day off at 4:00AM with some type of stomach bug that kicked my arse. I didn't make it into work until noon and I wasn't really right again till 6:00 this evening. What a splendid way to start the week, eh?