Military Firearm Restoration Corner

!just Keepin' Busy!

cold shot

Hi all. Just thought I'd share a few pics of what I been doin while off work due to the injury...I like to build models.

I just finished a 1958 'Vette convertible..It has an all metal body..My girls got it from Snap-On last xmas..

Thanks to a very good friend, my next project is a 1957 See thru 283 'Vette w/ Mech FI. It has 300 pieces to assemble.

The engine can even be rotated over by turning the flywheel...This will keep me busy...Thanks buddy for the cool

prject,,,Yuo know who ya are.. :D Thanks for puttin up with me!!! Dave

IM000539.jpg

IM000541.jpg

IM000543.jpg

IM000537.jpg

The metal body was a first for me to see too. My snap-on dealer told me later

that they only made 1k of them just for snap-on..Mine is # 205. It was a project

not for the kiddies for sure. Has 75 pcs and the body is baked on enamel..It was difficult

to clear away the chrome for the glue on the real small pieces. It took 18 hr for prep,

and glueing to do..has metal screws holding the chassis and body together too.I don't

usually toot my own horn but I will for this project.The waiting is what wore me out

the most..Waiting for the crappy glue you get nowdays to stick and dry..Thanks for all

the great job things.I appreciate it..I don't buy too many models,just the ones that are

unique......Dave

Cool model!! You must have a very patient personality to put that together, looks perfect.

I've never seen a metal model either.Shore do look nice.The first thing I thought of when the pic popped up was,the old TV show Route 66.

Fly when I was a kid my friend's older brother worked on that show. He would usually appear in the background in crowds. At the time he got pretty good pay, a whopping 30 bucks a day but only on days they were shooting.