Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Id Help

tinkerfive

A.

Steyr made, oval crest eagle atop crest with chain in its beak, banner says"LIBERAD ORDEN" (liberty ordained?)

B.

F.N. made, crest has a 'red cross' proportioned cross in the center of a simple rectangle with horizontal lines the bottom

center of the rectangle dips to a point in the center atop the rectangle is a crown at the very top of the crown is a

crucifixion type cross.

C.

Brno made, crest has crossed rifles with bayonets above crossed swords scroll in front of rifles reads

"LIBERTAD 15 DE SET DE 1821" ( liberty 15 of September 1821?) a bird of some kind with a long tail sits atop the scroll

D.

What caliber did Venezuela use?

What ever you can tell me about the above is appreciated. Hopefully at least the calibers

Thanks

Tinker

I briefly looked thru my "Mauser Military Rifles of the World" and noted a few things:

A. You describe the Colombia crest. Steyr made several rifles for Colombia, it appears all are 7x57

B. no clue

C. Independence for Colombia and Venezuela was in 1821 BRNO made VZ-24 for Venezuela in 7x57

but the crossed rifles with bayonets doesn't appear to be the crest of either country

D. It appears that Venezuelas caliber of choice was 7x57

Do you have any pics ?

HTH, ......Stephanovich..

For future reference if you're searching for Mauser crests help, try this link for pics of crests:

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic...=16&t=46986

Thanks!

I saw the Gutamalan like I have and I have a couple of La Courinas (spelling) including one air force.

What was interesting was the crowns and such. It looks as if they may have an assortment of element stamps to

make up a crest. It looked like the same crown in various different crest. But then I was just taking a quick look.

Tinker