Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Classic Barrel Works, Part Ii

Vladymere

I have yet to send a registered letter to Classic Barrel Works or be able to communicate with Danny Pedersen via phone or e-mail about the barreled action I sent him in January of 2007 to work on but today I received a UPS package. The same box I sent to Danny 26 months ago.

Inside the package was the barreled action of my Gew.88 sporting rifle with the work completed. Bored out and rechambered to .35 Whelen.

The work looks good but I will need to slug the bore and check chamber dimensions.

I haven't received the bill yet.

I attribute the return of my goods to a forum member on the 24 Hour Campsite, where I also posted, haveing actualy contacting Danny about his project and also asking him about mine.

It will be a little while before I get back to this project as I recently had foot surgery and am hobbeling around on crutches and will be for another month (had broken bones that needed repair). Getting from my recliner to the bathroom and bed is about all I am able to do.

Vlad