Military Firearm Restoration Corner

More Heart Than Brains Award.

Ron J

In October one of our rodent control cats at work had 5 kittens. 1 died and an adult male killed another. So I put the 3 in a large box, showed mom where I hid them and we kinda cared for them along with her. A guy took one at Thanksgiving for his sister and I thought, what the heck. Our dog is older and my wife likes cats. This will be a breeze. I've learned quite a bit in 4 months.

Week 1) Crash course in the life cycle and extermination of fleas. Litter box training (I thought they just knew this) and why you don't change food brands overnight. They can't figure out the litter box if they can't get there fast enough! I looked like inspector gadget carrying scrub brushes, buckets of water, sprays and all else for about 6 days. Stuff for worms, mites and on and on. Okay they seem fine.

Week 2+3) Visits to the vet for tests and vaccinations. $$$$

Week 4) More vaccinations and an appointment in a couple months for fixing - they are both females. $$$$

We named them Lucky (black one) and Trixy. The black one was the runt in the litter, but that has all changed. She follows me everywhere and has been into everything. She gets herself locked in the attic, kitchen cabinets, reloading room...etc. Yesterday she took a 5 minute ride in the dryer. If I wouldn't of heard the thumping she'd be a has been. So, old sayings do have meaning. Cats do have 9 lives. Curiosity will be the death of Lucky I'm sure. And you can scare the Sh&t out of a cat. (the dryer incident). Oh the gray one watches TV - likes the Steelers. post-466-1237846677_thumb.jpgpost-466-1237846721_thumb.jpg[attach

ment=1209:Trixy_3_22_09.JPG]post-466-1237846824_thumb.jpg

post-466-1237846772_thumb.jpg