Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Almost Time To Test Fire

bert01

I'm finishing up my M64 build. Its the first Yugoslavian built AK, looks like a M70 underfolder but its barrel is threaded into the reciever. I took it on trade a while back as a M70 to convert to .308. since it was in such good shape and not as prolific I decided to rebiuld it.

I rebuilt it using some replacement side plates I made. like the ones VZ58 sells (I was just to broke so I made mine). so know I have a slick MILLED underfolder. with only $130 or so invested not counting my time, I think I'm way ahead on this one. oh and i added a bolt holder in my safety, just because.

just need to clean it up, bead blast, and refinish. Wrap the left stock leg with para cord and add a piece of picatinny to the rear sight for one of my pistol scopes.

sorry for the crappy phone pics

0105091802.jpg

0325091823.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

heres some finished pics guys

I got the trigger finished to, its just like a single stage AR now, less than 1/8" travel and reset in an AK!! basically just copied the red star adjustable trigger, and fitted the hook.

wrapped left side of the folding stock with para cord, feels better on cheek weld, but I think it would rub you raw if you shoot a bunch. At least it looks cool.

the last 2 show something I started doing on my stamped AKs. I anneal the trigger and hammer pins, drill, tap, and heat treat them again. lil bit of blue loctite and no more sheperds hook, e-clips, or plates. it also will help hold the right side of the pins if your stamped reciever isnt exactly perfect.

img0663kja.th.jpg

img0664xix.th.jpg

img0665i.th.jpg

img0666d.th.jpg

img0667ktm.th.jpg

img0676rzq.th.jpg

img0678z.th.jpg

img0679t.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...