Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Come on Rita!

fritz

Jerry,

Yeah, it's a front wheel bearing on a '91 3/4 ton Dodge diesel. That engine was too heavy for the weak brakes and suspension they put in the early diesel models.

I don't think I ruined the spindle, since I stopped the truck as soon as I could. Luckily I was close to home. I guess years have a lot to do with it, cause the truck only has 92,000 on it. The brakes were already rebuilt, with new rotors up front. And that wasn't that long ago in miles (years though).

For all I know it may just be a sticking caliper (the plague of my newer Chevy), but I will know Monday. In the meantime I am shopping for a new one. I waited a little too long to get the best of the remaining '05 models, and the '06 models are about $1500 more. I may get an older used one, but most of those have over 100,000 miles on them.

I know that may not mean too much as far as being worn out, but I always wore one out before that mileage.

I use my trucks for work.

I find it hard to see over 40 grand in a new fancy truck. I am shopping for one at about half that. No frills, just good road clearance and power. Hard to convince mrs fritz of that though. She likes to ride in style. Me, I just like to ride in a reliable truck.

As far as Rita, we dodged not just a bullet, but a bomb (as the emergency management people here said this morning in their final meeting on the storm.)

Jason, how are you doing? I bet you are getting a lot of rain! Send me a few inches when you can, I'm sure you have more than you need.

fritz

Afraid I'm clueless as to what that is.

Fritz

You need to be POWERSTROKIN i love mine when you need to go it goes better than a gasser and 50% easier on fuel it has power of 60 muscle truck and i get 23 on highway

but if needed it will rip from takeoff .pluss it sounds cool like big truck idling it should since CAT designed injection system for international for that engine the took a old 7.3 idi and basically used that blosk and made all new internals to cat specs. basicly cat heui system. but international electronics were more basic compared to what ford put in them  you know a f 14 or is it a f 16 is a fly by wire plane well a powerstroke is a drive by wire engine very sophisticated electronics that work well.

Rod

There are guys out there hauling hot shots with early strokers with excess of a million miles on them.

4270[/snapback]