Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Trying To Get My C&r License

8uck5nort

I am a little frustrated with our Federal government! :angry:

I have applied for the forms on the ATF website twice, and have absolutley recieved nothing in the mail from them. Does it really take a month or more to send a couple of forms!!!

Ok I am new to this, is this the way the ATF treats newcomers? Am I just being impatient? Does anyone have a better way of getting around asking for the silly forms so I can fill them out , pay my 30 bucks, and then proabably wait another month or better to actually get the license?

Ok, I feel better now. Seriously though can anyone give some guidance? I would appreciate it.

Darin

I had a tax question. I called the IRS help line in early Feburary, if I recall. I got an answer and a pointer to what publication it was in. He asked me if I wanted them to send me the pub. I said, sure, send it on over. I got it April 15th. So, I'd say give them 2 or 3 months. All their forms are probably handled by the same place.

Have patience. I think it took something like three months from the time I applied online till my license showed up. Just because you apply online doesn't mean there is not an actual person on the other side who has to print all this off, manually review and verify you and your information, file this somewhere and send you a copy. Also keep in mind that if firearms sales in the last twelve months are all related to C&R applications, the BATFE is probably experiencing a record number of applicants and are probably over swamped.

Remember, we're moving at the speed of beauruacracy here. You'll get it; eventually.