Military Firearm Restoration Corner

H&r Mauser

Rojelio

Has anyone ever seen one of these? I found one in a pawn shop and I can't tell if it's an FN, Interarms, or something else.

There's one on Gunbroker and the guy claims it's an FN action, This one doesn't feel as smooth as an FN. More like an Interarms.This one is a 270 win. It has a trigger safety, and in the bow release on the triggerguard. Decent classic stock with darker wood fore end tip and shadow line cheekpiece. 2-10 Simmons scope. $350 out the door.

I'm hoping someone out there has some info on these.

Thanks, Rojelio

Has anyone ever seen one of these? I found one in a pawn shop and I can't tell if it's an FN, Interarms, or something else.

There's one on Gunbroker and the guy claims it's an FN action, This one doesn't feel as smooth as an FN. More like an Interarms.This one is a 270 win. It has a trigger safety, and in the bow release on the triggerguard. Decent classic stock with darker wood fore end tip and shadow line cheekpiece. 2-10 Simmons scope. $350 out the door.

I'm hoping someone out there has some info on these.

Thanks, Rojelio

There's a poster on Mauser Central that posts under "eagleye" who has owned an H&R/FN mauser. You might consider PM'ing him for add'l info.

Rojelio,

Yep, H&R imported FN actions back in the 60s and 70s and had them barrelled and stocked here.

I picked one up in 7mm Rem Mag a couple years ago. Would NOT shoot. I rebarrelled it to 375 Ruger and love it. Nice stock on it.

If I had a shot at one for $350, I'd grab it.

Brad

Rojelio,

Yep, H&R imported FN actions back in the 60s and 70s and had them barrelled and stocked here.

I picked one up in 7mm Rem Mag a couple years ago. Would NOT shoot. I rebarrelled it to 375 Ruger and love it. Nice stock on it.

If I had a shot at one for $350, I'd grab it.

Brad

Thanks for the info Brad. After much research and examining the rifle more closely, I passed on it. From what I could determine, it's a pieced together gun. The only thing that is FN is the barrel and receiver. It has an Interarms bolt, triggerguard, and stock. It made me kinda leary and wondered what might have went on. Anyway, I passed.

Rojelio

• 3 weeks later...

You sure on the bolt? The Mk X were shaped just like the FN bolt. Only difference is the markings on the handle. Mk X has numbers which equate to a mfg date stamped on the bottom side of the handle and are crude. FNs had a small proof mark stamped the the top of the root and sometimes the rcver ser number etched on the bottom (and most times not).

The Mk X tg would be a plus, not a minus.

Al that said, if you didn't like it, you didn't like it, and best to walk and save your money for another day.

Brad

• 3 weeks later...